News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Early Hipo Heads for sale

Started by 65fastbackk, February 01, 2023, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65fastbackk

Hi,

I have a pair of c3oe heads for sale.  When I purchased them the previous owner said they were rebuilt but I cannot confirm.  I see a lot of work has been done to them:

Dates: 3M23 and 4A14

Valve size (approx- used a harbor freight calipers):
Intake: 1.93
Exhaust: 1.59

Looks like some port work was done.  I'm asking 3500 b/o and can ship to the continental US at the buyers expense.

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional pictures

SFM5S000

Hello fastbackk,

Is there a head porter stamp? Valley Head Service, Mondello etc You would typically find it in the area to the left or right of the exhaust crossover port on the intake manifold mating surface. The one shown "HU" is Heads by (Louie) Unser. Sometimes even on the valve cover surface. You'd have to look closely. Also typical is the chamber volume stamped again typically on the flat machined surface next to the freeze plug on either end of the heads i.e. 47.0 or 52.0 or something like that. See example pic.
Early heads would have been black not blue.

Thank you,
Cheers,
~Earl J

65fastbackk

Hi Earl,

No unfortunately I did not see any numbers or markings on the heads. Just one of those stamp things put on by rebuilder for warranty purposes?