Author Topic: Wanted: 67-68 Mustang battery tray 24F size dated month 10 or 11 or 12.  (Read 599 times)

Kyle

• View Profile
Hi all,

I am looking for a used good condition with no rust pitting or few 24F battery tray, dated (months) first numbers start 10 or 11 or 12

Anyone who have one send a PM Sent or Email me kylezammit123@gmail.com

Thanks Kyle.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: 67-68 Mustang battery tray 24F size dated month 10 or 11 or 12.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 12:53:24 PM »
For your information the earlier 67 Mustang battery trays have a multiple pattern of holes stamped into the brace. The hole pattern corresponded to the mounting bracket of a tilt vacuum can . Different hole patterns were designed to mount the vacuum can in a different orientation depending on the engine the Mustang was equipped with . The holes in the brace were on the early trays regardless of if the car had the tilt option or not. The hole patterns in the battery tray brace were eliminated in later 67 production when Ford changed locations for the vacuum canister .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 05:33:12 PM »
Here are some pictures of a tray with the holes which was taken off of a 67 Shelby and also a picture of a regular Mustang with a tilt canister bolted using the holes. I am sure that there was overlap of usage as inventory was used up.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 05:28:41 PM »
Thanks for the information.
The one I need is without the holes.