News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What would you think if we separated the Fall Tour and Car Show?

Started by Cobrask8, February 05, 2023, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrask8

Just fishing for input, nothing decided yet.

It's no secret, most car weekend events are shrinking. SAAC National conventions have cratered, with a drop probably reaching 50% over the years. And costs going UP to run them. It's definitely a negative proposition, and cost savings are paramount, yet trying to provide a great event.

Our Sunday Shelby/Mustang/Ford Cars show at Silver Springs A.A. is doing very well, proceeds going to Charity, it's a great event. 2023 date is Tentatively Sunday Sept 24, 2023. Mark and hold that date! This year's charity will be "Paws of Valor", a group that provides service dogs to Veterans in special need. We are looking for sponsors to help fund the show.

And, our Fall Tour is also a great time, enjoyed bay many, but thinking of moving it back into early October, so the leaves will be changing color, and it can be better organized and hopefully better attended running as a stand-alone. More options for the route as well.

I'd like to hear your input, feedback, and if you know of any events already scheduled in that time frame.

Many, many thanks in advance,

Dan Reiter
President, Lehigh Valley Region SAAC

1109RWHP

Whatever day you pick, just make sure it is warm. The cruise is no fun when everyone is cold.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Richstang

In the past the criuse was the day before the show (Saturday)
Moving it to another weekend, a few weeks later, could result in losing more attendees of the cruise, or the show.
In that case, I would probably only drive out there for the show, but I may not be typical.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Cobrask8