News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Does this look like an orginal '66 Magnum?

Started by mgreene, February 13, 2023, 08:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgreene

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=21999.0

Ad states original "restored" steel wheel. Implies original Shelby wheel, but shape looks different than other original painted Magnums I have seen
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

SHELB66

One really needs more photos and/or measurements to know for sure.  Based on the provided pictures it appears to be a correct '66 Magnum.  My judgement is partially based on the appearance of the center section of the wheel being mounted some distance (maybe 1/2") below the rest of the wheel.  That's the way it appears to me.  More info definitely needed.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

mgreene

From what I see the section of the wheel in question looks different than the one I show here. The section circled looks much deeper and maybe flatter than the one in the for sale ad.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

Bob Gaines

The wheel may be original as the description implies but not original to a 66 GT350. Rim profile and offset appears to be the similar Mopar wheel from the picture IMO as I sit here typing with a genuine 66 GT350 wheel beside me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby