News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No seatbelt reminder light in dash

Started by rdmgt500, February 06, 2023, 05:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdmgt500

The Marti report for my 69 GT500 indicates the vehicle has the "Deluxe belts/Warning Light" option, but there is no belts light in the dash where it should be between the ignition and wiper switches. Could this most likely be an error in the restoration?

Thanks,
Bob

69 GT350 Vert

Maybe. 

Early cars, like mine completed in December, 1968, did not come with a seat belt warning light.  My car also does not have deluxe seat belts, however.  They have black surrounds instead of chrome.  The early cars also came with light teak woodgrain instead of the darker walnut. 

J_Speegle

Quote from: rdmgt500 on February 06, 2023, 05:47:12 PM
The Marti report for my 69 GT500 indicates the vehicle has the "Deluxe belts/Warning Light" option, but there is no belts light in the dash where it should be between the ignition and wiper switches. Could this most likely be an error in the restoration?

Yes it could be a result of an error or replacement of the lower dash. If you can provide more information (like when it was completed at Dearborn) then we can at least look and compare cars built around the same time period
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

rdmgt500

427hunter

They most likely changed the lower dash during the restoration, it just bolts in. I have both Lights (my gt500 is a January 29th car - 1 day apart from yours) I am happy to make a stencil for you.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

J_Speegle

Checked my pictures but because of the location have no pictures of cars close to yours. Do show, in Marti reports, that cars started  to get the notation you listed above started at least three weeks prior to your cars completion date.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

rdmgt500

Thank you all for the info. Planning to look under the dash this weekend to see if the harness has the connector for the belts light. If not, not sure if I'll pursue further.....if it does then there's the problem of finding the belts light/socket, relay, and wiring which I haven't been able to find online yet.

rdmgt500

Would anyone happen to have a pic of how the seat belt light relay can is mounted under the dash? I assume the can needs to be grounded. Thanks.

aj

rdmgt500

Thank you. Is that mounting bracket somewhere on the firewall?

aj

The relay is fastened to a bracket that's an integral part of the firewall.  For orientation,  in this photo you can see the parking brake mechanism on the left side of the photo.

rdmgt500

Dan353

I'm not sure if this will help.  My. GT 350 was built 1-6-69 no seat belt light and it isn't listed on my Marti report. It does have the park brake light

Special Ed

got 13.000 mi car her built first week feb has both lights

rdmgt500

Quote from: Dan353 on March 05, 2023, 07:17:04 PM
I'm not sure if this will help.  My. GT 350 was built 1-6-69 no seat belt light and it isn't listed on my Marti report. It does have the park brake light

Are you're saying the Marti report does not list the deluxe seat belt option for your vehicle? If so, makes sense your dash does not have the Belts light.