News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Does this look like an orginal '66 Magnum?

Started by mgreene, February 13, 2023, 08:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgreene

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=21999.0

Ad states original "restored" steel wheel. Implies original Shelby wheel, but shape looks different than other original painted Magnums I have seen
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

SHELB66

One really needs more photos and/or measurements to know for sure.  Based on the provided pictures it appears to be a correct '66 Magnum.  My judgement is partially based on the appearance of the center section of the wheel being mounted some distance (maybe 1/2") below the rest of the wheel.  That's the way it appears to me.  More info definitely needed.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

mgreene

From what I see the section of the wheel in question looks different than the one I show here. The section circled looks much deeper and maybe flatter than the one in the for sale ad.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

Bob Gaines

The wheel may be original as the description implies but not original to a 66 GT350. Rim profile and offset appears to be the similar Mopar wheel from the picture IMO as I sit here typing with a genuine 66 GT350 wheel beside me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby