Author Topic: Friend needs a 1968 nose trim center piece  (Read 471 times)

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Friend needs a 1968 nose trim center piece
« on: February 10, 2023, 02:23:38 PM »
I have a friend who isn't a computer guy. He has a 68 Shelby and over the decades lost the small chrome piece at the nose where the two thin stainless/chrome grill molding strips come together at the top in front of the shelby letters.  Is there a dealer who makes and sells just that small piece?(he wants to avoid buying a whole kit for a few hundred). If someone has one they want to sell and are willing to ship then PM me with your info and I can have him call you. Thanks for your help.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Friend needs a 1968 nose trim center piece
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 02:52:18 PM »
I have a friend who isn't a computer guy. He has a 68 Shelby and over the decades lost the small chrome piece at the nose where the two thin stainless/chrome grill molding strips come together at the top in front of the shelby letters.  Is there a dealer who makes and sells just that small piece?(he wants to avoid buying a whole kit for a few hundred). If someone has one they want to sell and are willing to ship then PM me with your info and I can have him call you. Thanks for your help.
Did you try Branda Performance for that small piece?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

azdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 02:55:33 PM »
Branda is out of stock on them.

Pat

pied viper 041

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 05:13:18 PM »
  I had that same problem years ago they are easy to lose. I had some aluminum sheet metal cut it down to size and formed a perfect fit for that part. Easy to work shine it up and It looks good. That is if all else fails hope that helps.