Author Topic: Wanted R model parts  (Read 2194 times)

steve0shelby

Wanted R model parts
« on: February 10, 2023, 12:33:00 PM »
looking for R Model parts:

Wheels/tires/lug nuts- Only need competition tires now (15X 7 rims). Apparently the Hoosiers are OOS. Up for suggestions. Has anyone utilized the online companies that sell used race tires?
Oil Cooler -                      Found
Rear window install kit -    Found
Side window frames -        Found
Door panels -                   Found
Package tray -                  Found
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 10:47:44 AM by steve0shelby »

mustang7red

• View Profile
Re: Wanted R model parts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 02:58:22 PM »
I have an original oil cooler and brackets. I think I also have  some door panels and interior panels .ill look for some of the other items.... p.m. me...john brown

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 07:42:39 PM »
Are those magnesium or aluminum?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »
R models used magnesium..

Roy
Overkill is just enough.

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 09:56:49 PM »
Roy,

No one in their right mind would or should use 50+ year old magnesium wheels other than for display only.
I would assume steve0shelby is building a car to drive. Aluminum would be the smartest choice.
But to each his own.

Cheers
~Earl J

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 11:22:14 PM »
Roy,

No one in their right mind would or should use 50+ year old magnesium wheels other than for display only.
I would assume steve0shelby is building a car to drive. Aluminum would be the smartest choice.
But to each his own.

Cheers
~Earl J
+1
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 12:36:32 AM »
Hello Roy, welcome. Are a 65 owner or are you building a clone/tribute. All parts you are asking for can be found on the open market..try cobra automotive, shelby parts and Restoration or delta bay mustang.

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 05:23:04 AM »
For 1 thing I don't know what steve0shelby is building. He said he was looking for R model parts and a person who has since removed their 2 posts about having R model wheels that were aluminum which wouldn't be correct. I never indicated he should run old magnesium wheels although a lot of guys do in vintage racing. I know about them having owned several sets and having crewed in vintage racing for about 30 years.

Roy
Overkill is just enough.

steve0shelby

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 09:32:33 PM »
Just to clarify:
I am reaching out to the forum as many of you have parts sitting in your garages. Sometimes these items sit long enough and you are willing to part with them and we both benefit with a deal. As for the wheels, I would never discount original magnesium wheels as they at least have a historical value. Some people use two sets... one for show and one for race. And btw the oil cooler is out of stock at cobra automotive. Delta Bay mustang is currently moving north (whatever that means). If you call their number it always says be back next week... every week :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 09:46:22 PM by steve0shelby »

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 09:20:36 AM »
I have an original package tray for a street car.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2023, 10:04:35 AM »
Just to clarify:
I am reaching out to the forum as many of you have parts sitting in your garages. Sometimes these items sit long enough and you are willing to part with them and we both benefit with a deal. As for the wheels, I would never discount original magnesium wheels as they at least have a historical value. Some people use two sets... one for show and one for race. And btw the oil cooler is out of stock at cobra automotive. Delta Bay mustang is currently moving north (whatever that means). If you call their number it always says be back next week... every week :(

Sounds like you are looking for parts to resell. I’m f that is the case, best that you are upfront with this important detail

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

steve0shelby

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 12:25:57 PM »
I am not reselling