News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 Shelby Playboy Convertibles

Started by mtdubvee, February 15, 2023, 07:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer

Consider contacting the research librarian at the Lake Geneva, Wisconsin public library.

1. Ask him / her to look through all of the local news papers in the month of the event; parade. Request copies of any articles or photographs found.

2. Ask him / her if they have a high school yearbook archive. If so, request any copies of the high school "Photography Club" in the year of the parade. Then cold call the members of the old "Photograph Club" for any old pictures of the parade. You might have to go to the High School library for this request.

Research librarians offer their time at little or no cost. It is a great way to get period advertisements of the Ford dealership that sold your Shelby when new.

FL SAAC

Miss September....I do remember her well, as I also recall reading about those Shelbys at the Playboy mansion
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Royce Peterson

Quote from: mtdubvee on February 15, 2023, 08:24:37 PM
What documentation do you have that shows it never happened? I have documents that show Playboy and Shelby reps planning it all so I'm curious what you have.

Thanks

Matt,

You were right - I had always heard that the '69 Shelby was the only pink convertible given to a Playmate. I never considered Hef buying Shelbys himself, and of course none of those was pink. Thanks Pete for an extraordinary lesson!
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

mtdubvee

Royce,

Well I wasn't trying to be right or wrong lol. I'm willing to accept any documentation good or bad lol. I was just hoping someone had pics of these cars in that parade (especially the black one #3086). I'm gonna run down some leads and if I find anything I'll be sure to share.

Thanks,
Matt

SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Coralsnake

Im here for you  ;)

mtdubvee

SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

propayne

Ms. Chandler even made the rounds to Mercury dealers.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

tesgt350

Quote from: mtdubvee on February 16, 2023, 05:38:15 PM
Royce,

Well I wasn't trying to be right or wrong lol. I'm willing to accept any documentation good or bad lol. I was just hoping someone had pics of these cars in that parade (especially the black one #3086). I'm gonna run down some leads and if I find anything I'll be sure to share.

Thanks,
Matt

I am still looking for the Pic of them at the Mansion.  I remember the Pic because it had a Black 68 Convertible front and center.  I am hoping it is not on the Computer I lost in a Fire.

ChicagoChris

Great wheels!
and
Not referencing the car.

Coralsnake

Searching for Playboy cars is very difficult, but someone has to do it

shelbymann1970

Quote from: silverton_ford on February 15, 2023, 03:19:30 PM
Quote from: mtdubvee on February 15, 2023, 12:47:42 PM
.... I've got the black 350 vert that was one of the 10.

Thanks

Is this the same car?

- https://youtu.be/hfF9ZIUVTjY

- https://youtu.be/30WDL6C3XVo
How is this for theater? Richards video at the 10 min mark he says it is one of 10 sold to Playboy while sitting in his truck.  In Dennis' video he has something up his sleeve and it is telling Richard it was a Playboy car after they shook hands. Then he broke it down as the only black one. Well it appeared to me Richard didn't know it was a playboy car when Dennis mentioned it to him but he did a month earlier as witness by Richard's video. If they want to do theater they should  check each other's video. Now could it be he was surprised the only 1 of 10 playboy cars in black? Possibly but that wasn't his reaction when Dennis informed him it was a Playboy car like he was revealing it for the first time.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

Its all theater. Its called youtube.

FL SAAC

A C T I N G !

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

No pictures yet, it looks that $50 is safe  ;)

propayne

Do we know if any photos were ever printed in an issue of Playboy? I would assume if so, then an issue from 1968?

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America