News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOS 289 Hi-Po manifolds (not mine)

Started by alex74pd184, March 10, 2023, 06:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

At that price, I'm not sure one can use them.  Once you put them on a car, they become used and less valuable.  The irony of NOS parts.  That makes for some very expensive cardboard boxes.

There seamed to be enough of these originals to go around.  If date code is important to a buyer, patients can save them lots of money.

In the attached image, there are two others sets advertised as NOS for 1/4 the price.  They can be found for less money.

Cory

alex74pd184

It depends on what someone wants for their car. Price, condition and date codes are all deciding factors for a potential buyer.

Over the past several years, I had and sold a couple of NOS pairs of 289 Hi-Po exhaust manifolds. The '64 dated manifolds sold for $1200 at Carlisle and the '65 dated ones sold for $950 in Ebay.  My last set, I currently have, are like the ones in   second pic, mid-66 castings. Someone claiming to be restoring a '67 GT350 offered me a few hundred bucks for my NOS '66 dated manifold---forget it. Anyway, I'm under the impression the '67 cars got the later "C7ZE" castings? Mine appeared to be too early anyway for a '67 car?

The ones in your first appear to be used too and are for the early '63 to '64 Hi-Po Fairlanes. I don't recall ever seeing those versions factory installed in any early Mustang.

roddster

Not all the 67's got the C7ZE ones.