News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

WANT to buy - C6 transmission for my 428 CJ restoration

Started by asrassoc, February 15, 2023, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asrassoc

Well as I dig deeper into the restoration of my 1969 428 CJ it appears that the transmission on her is not correct.

Looking for a PGB-AF1 (i think?) for a 1969 428 CJ Mach I.

Bigfoot

You need one with a cast iron tail shaft, and in R servo.
Probably $2000-$3000
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

asrassoc

Yep. Have the cast iron shaft. Just the wrong transmission housing and data plate.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: asrassoc on February 16, 2023, 07:12:07 AM
Yep. Have the cast iron shaft. Just the wrong transmission housing and data plate.
You may have to consider buying a entire CJ transmission tail shaft and all because the R servo is the rarest part and typically only found as part of a complete transmission.  I would not hesitate a second . Tail shafts are easily sold separately . I understand that the case is different so I would not buy a R servo unless I was buying the case it came in too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

azdriver

This transmission is for sale local to me. Not suggesting you use it due to broken case. Just posting for information. Not mine. Don't know the seller.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/d/mesa-428cj-transmission/7581041811.html

Pat

asrassoc

Quote from: azdriver on February 18, 2023, 10:51:05 AM
This transmission is for sale local to me. Not suggesting you use it due to broken case. Just posting for information. Not mine. Don't know the seller.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/d/mesa-428cj-transmission/7581041811.html

Pat

Thanks Pat. I'l check it out.

68gtcoupe

mtdubvee

SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

asrassoc

Still looking for  a C-6 PGB-AF1 for a 1969 428 CJ Mach I introductory show unit restoration.

stephen_becker

I have one - PM me and I will take pixs and give you details - It does not have the rear tail shaft on it