News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 San Jose Undercarriage Finishing - A Guide

Started by J_Speegle, June 24, 2018, 03:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Next chapter/article as promised.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Not specifically a 65 Shelby's only document but our cars share the same details as a Mustang produced there if you pay attention to production periods.  You will note that it does not reflect the changes/modifications made at SA but those are few in this part of the assembly of the cars. Hope this helps others

This is an article I've written and rewritten a dozen times over many years. Found it was easier to have a prepared document when I got questions related to the subject rather than going through the whole thing every time. It proved to be a challenge as your always discovering new details, sub patterns and such along the way so it has only been share privately in the past since I never felt it was finished. Not sure anything I do is completely

Also just limiting the coverage to one area of the car was sort of difficult when you want to help and describe everything that was going on at that point at the car plant.  See allot of related requests here so thought it would be a good time to try and wrap it up then focus on some of the other years and plants. Hope some here find it useful in there related endeavors.

This one is still marked as a draft. Will be updates as new information is discovered and accepted as well as mistakes, typos and such are found which I'm sure many of you will find.  I invite anyone to send me typos and issues since these all sort of start looking very similar and plenty of other things going on that can take my focus away just at the wrong time :)

https://docdro.id/ZJzg67n

For those that are also members of CMF the article is also located in the Library there with all the other articles listed by model year

Its a Big file with plenty of pictures so will take some time to load. Be patient  :)

Hope it helps others

Thanks for looking
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Thank you.

Im sure I am not the only one that noticed, there are some very giving members on our forum.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

camp upshur

This is a wonderful contribution of so much personal effort and expertise.
It will help many and really enriches this forum.
Thank you Jeff.

SFM6S087

Jeff, you're a good egg – I don't care what Willy Wonka says. Ha, ha!

I'm having trouble with the link.

Using Internet Explorer I get "Waiting for response from docdroid.net" for about a half a minute. Then "This page can't be displayed."

Using Firefox I was immediately informed that "This page can't be displayed"

Maybe I'll have better luck getting this from the Concours Mustang Forum. I need to catch up over there anyway.

THANKS for sharing your knowledge & research.

Steve

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

Doug C

Jeff what a generous thing to do; but you do these types of things fairly often.

One question would this information be correct for a 66?

Thanks - Doug

66TotalPerf

Quote from: Doug C on June 25, 2018, 11:16:11 AM
Jeff what a generous thing to do; but you do these types of things fairly often.

Thanks - Doug

Thanks Jeff for all the time and information!

Doug - Jeff has a '66 specific SJ undercarriage guide posted in the Concoursmustang Document Library.

Edit: Here's the link (I believe you must be logged into their site):
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=12874.0

-Brent
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

J_Speegle

Thanks guys for all the kind comments. Hope many find these helpful 220 views and I don't know how many downloads within 24 hours is pretty good. Remember that there are always updates and corrections, seems never ending in an effort to keep the best info out there, so always check for a new version before you apply anything ;)

Quote from: Doug C on June 25, 2018, 11:16:11 AM

Might want to check here I posted the 66 version on SAAC also since the demise of the old forum

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=380.msg1914#msg1914

Next up will be 67 San Jose .....go figure :)   Then moving on to 68 NJ ........ I see a pattern here lol
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Updated. Added some new details related to the fastback side louver finish/paint details

GT350Lad

Quote from: J_Speegle on October 28, 2019, 07:53:54 PM
Updated. Added some new details related to the fastback side louver finish/paint details

Thanks Jeff, I actually read the older version of this article on the plane a week ago.  Cheers
6S373
6S1276

DRGT350