Author Topic: 65-6 HIPO fan  (Read 1484 times)

hipo_p51

• View Profile
65-6 HIPO fan
« on: February 20, 2023, 12:18:07 AM »
65-6 HIPO fan, original or repop wanted.

6s1640

• View Profile
Re: 65-6 HIPO fan
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 02:35:53 AM »
Any particular date code?  Originals are very expensive.

Cory

hipo_p51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 10:04:37 AM »
If one particular date is less than another date.  Id can settle on the the lessor. but if date and price do not vary.  anywhere from oct 65 to early dec 65 would be fine.

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 11:23:21 AM »
If one particular date is less than another date.  Id can settle on the the lessor. but if date and price do not vary.  anywhere from oct 65 to early dec 65 would be fine.

I don't think that the particular date will dictate the price. It's the fact the fan is original and "dated".

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 03:42:23 PM »
I don't think that the particular date will dictate the price. It's the fact the fan is original and "dated".

I think you might find that if the fan is dated outside the window of when it could be used on a Mustang or Shelby application that might affect the value and or how many would be interested. Examples would be one made for Hipo's prior to Mustangs K codes being built or later dated service replacement ones. Just an opinion. As we see, the importance of dates is not  for everyone :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 11:45:41 PM »
I recently sold a original HiPo fan blade with an indeterminate date code.  One of the characters looked like an upside down backwards "7".  Was this intended to be the bottom part of a"2" because the "2" was lost or damaged.  Or maybe is was a partial "2".   We will never know.  Because the date code was indeterminate, is the blade good for any application or non at all?  The new owner was happy.  The price was not as high as a nicely dated coded blade.   Another indeterminate date coded blade might be more affordable.

I have a late 1963 blade if interested.  Please send me a PM.

Good luck

Cory

brandosaac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 02:13:33 PM »
I have an original fan dated mid 1964 $550
and 2 reproductions $300 ea

the pics with the white background are the reproduction, the repro has the number S-C3OA-C on it.

many more pics upon request , send me a PM

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 10:25:44 AM »
[/quote]

[/quote]
Very much not the case. summer 64 is worth about 1/2 of what a 5A- 5D is. Also after 6D not so much

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 11:10:25 AM »
65-6 HIPO fan, original or repop wanted.

I guess that I should have been more clear in my original comment. The OP was asking for an original OR repop fan. My focus was more toward the price differential of an original verses reproduction. Sorry for causing so much controversy. Its good to see that folks are paying attention, however.

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 02:39:55 PM »
No worries, just posting from perspective of one who's had to buy a few of these lol

hipo_p51

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 01:17:58 AM »
Got what I needed.  Thanks Brandosaac.