News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fresh air vent

Started by TLea, February 22, 2023, 03:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

I have 2 early cars here and one has a metal drivers side fresh air vent like 65/66. The other has what I'm used to seeing, the plastic version. Anyone else seen this or do I have PO mod.

J_Speegle

Yes it appears it was a factory  - running change. Don't think I've taken the time to narrow the change over to a specific week or time at San Jose yet. Just something on the list

Covered over on CMF since we as Shelby owners and builders can benefit from the greater number of Mustangs built when determining things like that.

If you want to check on the thread over on CMF  a list is shown in the 67 San Jose Running Change thread at the top of the 67 Mustang section
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JD

^^^ Thanks, I suspected that but have always been told "only plastic" - So not the case ;-)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

TLea

J_Speegle

Quote from: JD on February 22, 2023, 11:52:20 PM
^^^ Thanks, I suspected that but have always been told "only plastic" - So not the case ;-)

Well the vast, vast majority of them on Shelbys would have been plastic style :) it appears
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TLea

Based on posting at concours mustang i'm thinking change was early Nov

J_Speegle

Quote from: TLea on February 23, 2023, 02:37:04 PM
Based on posting at concours mustang i'm thinking change was early Nov

Created a Running Change thread over there for just San Jose and updated the findings with a survey of my pictures and findings. Currently it appears to have taken place between October 14th and the 29th and we continue to look for more unrtestored examples from the period as time passes. Love the fact that we have real dates for 67 cars. Makes it so much easier than it use to be.

rcgt350

roddster

#0036 is metal.

I also own a 67 GTA built at San Jose in October of 67, The vent on that one is plastic. Vin ends: 129602 built the 3rd week of October of 66