News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Coming to Tampa: A track where drivers can go up to 168 miles per hour

Started by FL SAAC, February 24, 2023, 04:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

rhjanes

Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: rhjanes on February 24, 2023, 05:38:52 PM
We've had one....   https://www.motorsportranch.com/    :)

And what if you want to go 170 MPH?  ???
My question too. My GT1 car was clocked at Willow Springs at 170 on the front straight.

Spring Mountain in NV where SA tests also has homes - https://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/motorsports-country-club The owner wants to add onto the track so it longer than the Ring.

Chuckwalla Valley 1.5 hours past Palm Springs (and 25 miles further into the desert than Chiricao Summit - where Patton trained his tank crews to stand the Sahara desert) has a private garage deal planned and cabins to rent but little has been done so far. It may be the 115 degree weather deters memberships. https://chuckwalla.com/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

A big advantage to our West Coast tracks are: NO humidity, bugs, tornados and hurricanes to deal with. Dry heat, yes. I will take the heat (and have raced with it) @ Willow Springs. It's my favorite and happens to be my home race track.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: crossboss on February 24, 2023, 08:11:16 PM
A big advantage to our West Coast tracks are: NO humidity, bugs, tornados and hurricanes to deal with. Dry heat, yes. I will take the heat (and have raced with it) @ Willow Springs. It's my favorite and happens to be my home race track.
I my younger days took the Shelby to Willow on an open trailer and slept in an uninsulated cargo van. Awoke to a 1/4 of snow on everything - it was June so it was gone by 8/9am.

Side-Oilers

I love Willow too. But the late afternoon winds can be brutal.  Been there many times when it's whisping snow.  I'm a Culver City boy...dat's too damn cold!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Good morning my little rays of sunshine !

Let me filter through each of your inquiries and respond appropriately.

Thank you for your patience......

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

[/color]

We had several tracks but they are now all KAPUT !

No you can't go 170 MPH , what wrong with you ? Follow the posted rules  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on February 24, 2023, 06:31:30 PM

My question too. My GT1 car was clocked at Willow Springs at 170 on the front straight.

Spring Mountain in NV where SA tests also has homes - https://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/motorsports-country-club The owner wants to add onto the track so it longer than the Ring.

Chuckwalla Valley 1.5 hours past Palm Springs (and 25 miles further into the desert than Chiricao Summit - where Patton trained his tank crews to stand the Sahara desert) has a private garage deal planned and cabins to rent but little has been done so far. It may be the 115 degree weather deters memberships. https://chuckwalla.com/

Oh yes we have special rules for special people who own special GT1 cars, you special you....you special

Let me ask,  can he go 170 MPH?

NO !

Hopefully you noticed the reply was on a special font,  special color and special size.....enjoy

Still NO !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on February 24, 2023, 08:11:16 PM

Good Lawd  total fear here !

Read into the sentences,  I can't take the heat, I am petrified of little bugs,  winds terrify me.....

Dont you hear it, the sound is getting nearer.....here comes the wambulance !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on February 24, 2023, 11:37:38 PM
I love Willow too. But the late afternoon winds can be brutal.  Been there many times when it's whisping snow.  I'm a Culver City boy...dat's too damn cold!

Winds, winds you haven't lived until you are out windsurfing just before a hurricane hits the coast and your boom snaps or your mast (yeah both have happened to me, not at the same time, not bueno!) and leaves you helplessly drifting away.....winds

I have all UNGOLD cars

vtgt500

In much of northern Vermont there are no police on duty after 10 PM.  I-91 south of the Canadian boarder is empty that time of day.  Has become an exotic car playground.  Of course, if you survive an excursion into the woods or a ravine, likely to be there till mowing season.  Even with Z-rated tires and lowered suspension, I have no interest in driving a Shelby Mustang a 160 MPH ever again.

FL SAAC

Quote from: vtgt500 on February 25, 2023, 11:08:17 AM
In much of northern Vermont there are no police on duty after 10 PM.  I-91 south of the Canadian boarder is empty that time of day.  Has become an exotic car playground.  Of course, if you survive an excursion into the woods or a ravine, likely to be there till mowing season.  Even with Z-rated tires and lowered suspension, I have no interest in driving a Shelby Mustang a 160 MPH ever again.

Your confession is blasphemous,  scandalous and almost unforgivable .

You sir are in luck as his Eminence is currently on vacation and 'I " am filling in.

I will absolve you if these speeding sins, two hail Mary's,  two hail Ford's and don't do this again...capiche!

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 25, 2023, 03:37:16 PM
still patiently awaiting the penance payment
I'd love to pay you but I loaned my map to that horde to Tony Rome way back in 1968. It's probably still there - The Lady in Cement scared him away and later Raquel Welsh distracted him from diving.