Author Topic: Snakes and Planes #3 at Hickory Aviation Museum  (Read 4289 times)

FlyNavy

• View Profile
Snakes and Planes #3 at Hickory Aviation Museum
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:29:45 AM »
SAAC Carolinas Region and Hickory Aviation Museum, weather permitting, are looking forward to hosting Snakes and Planes #3!  We've been lucky the last two years with perfect weather, so fingers crossed that we've selected a good date.  Sandwiched in between Mother's Day Weekend and Memorial Day Weekend, we've decided on Saturday, May 20th, 10am-2pm.   More details as we get closer to the date, but we'll have a swap meet area in a private meeting room for all attendees to socialize and enjoy lunch and I'll arrange for a good food truck to feed the hungry masses.  We also have a new and improved patio/picnic area near the aircraft as well, plus plenty of shade under the aircraft should it be a hot day.  More details to follow.

Mojie21

• View Profile
Re: Snakes and Planes #3 at Hickory Aviation Museum
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 12:44:01 PM »
Sounds good, had a great time last year!

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 05:15:41 PM »
Sounds good. Hope I can make it this year.

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 09:07:29 AM »
On the calendar!
5S071, 6S1467

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 03:55:12 PM »
HHHmmmmm, wonder what I'll bring this year  8)

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

s_eagle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 08:57:03 PM »
Hope to be there!

Rob

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 08:55:36 AM »
It was so good, we are doing it again!  Yes, our spring event is happening at the Hickory Aviation Museum once again, but we are hopping to add a few changes and surprises this time.  I would suggest that anyone in the area that can come, does come to see the event.  The museum is awesome, and parking classic Ford/Shelby iron/fiberglas amongst the aircraft is pretty darn unique. 

We are going to be adding a swap meet/parts for sale section for anyone who has the odd the part they want to sell and thinks one of our fellow members will benefit from it.  Please reach out to me with questions.

Lastly, there will be an indoor display of Shelby/Ford Memorabilia that is not to be missed.  If anyone has anything they would like to display, also reach out to me.  An email blast is soon to follow, so start waxing those Shelbys and get ready for a great time!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Stryker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 06:06:23 PM »
Planning on being there, been to the previous two events and they have been great.
2007 GT500 2.8 Kenne Bell approx. 700rwhp

FlyNavy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 11:20:00 AM »
Update on Event:  Everything is going as planned, we just need a nice weather day.  I have a sandwich style food truck that will be on site.  There is a conference going on inside the terminal building, so the small cafe will be over-run, and I encourage everyone to patronize Bam's Sandwich Bistro, or bring your own lunch.  I have a conference room reserved for owners for our use all day, tables, chairs and air conditioning if it's across the parking lot from the main terminal.  We have a swap meet area TBD, either in that conference room or near our newly restored picnic area by the aircraft.  I have about the same amount of space this year but would like to get an idea of how many cars to expect, and if anyone would like to send me photos of the car they're bringing, please email me at info@hickoryaviationmuseum.com so I can use as I advertise our event.  The Carolina Cobra Club will be bringing some cars, and I still have to invite Carolina Mustang Club for 1964.5-1973 Mustangs.  There is plenty of parking in the outer parking lot when entering the airport property on the left for trailers. I will be there early, and would like to have everyone parked by 10am, and ask that due to foot traffic, that people try and stay until 1:30-2pm, but I understand folks have other commitments and may have to leave early.  I will be controlling the parking lot in my neon vest and white floppy hat, and please, only myself and museum volunteers are to direct cars.  Volunteers will have name tags/museum shirts.  The Museum looks forward to seeing everyone again.  We've added one aircraft since last year, and during the day, we'll have the F/A-18 cockpit open for people to sit in a real fighter jet cockpit, take photos, etc.

65shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 08:09:43 AM »
We have 20 cars confirmed from Carolina Regional Mustang Club for this Saturday's event.
Mixture of 1st Gen 65-73's as well as All Gen Shelby's 65-2023.
Weather looks to be picture perfect with Sunny and 79 deg!
Looking forward to a great event and thanks for letting us join in on the gathering!

Mark
Mark Young
Union County Mustangs, since 1987

1955 T-Bird (Grandfather's original car)
1966 GT350 Carry-Over replica
1966 K-GT 2+2
2001 GT Bullitt (Son's)
2007 GT/CS Convertible (Wife's)
2011 V6 GT500 Tribute (Daughter's)
2018 GT350 White/Blue

BGlover67

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 09:17:03 AM »
We have 20 cars confirmed from Carolina Regional Mustang Club for this Saturday's event.
Mixture of 1st Gen 65-73's as well as All Gen Shelby's 65-2023.
Weather looks to be picture perfect with Sunny and 79 deg!
Looking forward to a great event and thanks for letting us join in on the gathering!

Mark

Sounds great Mark, see you there!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

BGlover67

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 11:39:46 AM »
Just a reminder:  This Saturday coming up (May 20th, 2023) SAAC Carolinas will be holding the famous Snakes and Planes Car Show at the Hickory Aviation Museum.  The  museum is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and we'd like to get as many cars in and parked amongst the planes as early as possible, so plan to be there between 9:00-9:30am.  There are plenty of trailer parking spaces located in the airport parking lot for those who may need them. 

If you have any questions, please just reach out to me.  Hope to see you next week!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

FlyNavy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2023, 09:57:20 AM »
View of Hickory Airport.

FlyNavy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 10:48:16 AM »
What a show!  Planned for about 30 cars, ended up with 60.  The Shelby name was well represented with some amazing cars including GT350/500s from 1965,66,67,69.  Many Cobra replicas, late model GT350/500s, Ford GT, Sunbeam Tiger, Boss/Machs, etc and so on.  For now, I'm placing photo galleries on the Hickory Aviation Museum Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/HickoryAviationMuseum until I get them all and I'll do a full gallery or slide show.  Thanks to all who came out on a perfect day for car show. 

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2023, 03:40:03 PM »
Thanks for posting the link to the Facebook site for photos.