Author Topic: Ford incessantly sending me recall letters long after the repair  (Read 1400 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Even after I called Ford on two prior occasions and told them to save the postage they still send me recall letters on the passenger airbag long after the replacement was effected. Anyone else get these letters on their Fords? Lawsuit paranoia must drive it.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ford incessantly sending me recall letters long after the repair
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 10:03:05 AM »
Yes indeed, Van. It sure was his story. Still, a remarkable man on all levels.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 12:15:01 PM »
This is blasphemous,  contact an attorney immediately.....oh wait you are one !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 01:15:23 PM »
I'll call Richard Alexander Murdaugh.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 01:35:52 PM »

They are darkened in their understanding and separated from reality.....May we recommend these TV guys...... MORGAN & MORGAN

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 01:37:22 PM »
That's funny right there.......
Didn't he loose his license?
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 12:28:51 AM »
He most certainly was stripped of his license to practice.  I watched the trial fastidiously for trial tactics and techniques in my own cases.  I can't believe Murdaugh's own lawyer asked a rebuttal lawyer witness on the stand if he thought "his client did it."  Very dangerous question for a lawyer to ask.  The answer might not have gone very well for him.  General rule is never ask a question you do not know the answer to.  You can anticipate answers and ask away knowing each consequence as to how the witness answers and if either answer does not cause harm then ask.  Otherwise do not!  Murdaugh brought shame to our profession.  It was tough to hear the financials in the prosecution's case in chief. He stole about $8 million over the space of ten years or so.  Downright embarrassing and painful to hear.  They shaved his head after sentencing.  I do not believe that was necessary but the message was sent to strip the last remaining dignity he might have had.  The guy was plain crazy.  I had never heard about blackout rounds before.  I have shot a few guns in my time but that one I had to look it up.  His sons becoming lawyers were of paramount concern for him.  I believe he shot his younger son knowing that this boat case and felony charges from said case would ruin any chance of Paw Paw getting into law school.  So he got rid of him.  The wife, who knows what that motivation might have been other than to silence her a  witness.  Murdaugh has cray  cray eyes. 

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 09:31:20 AM »
not ford   scammer   google the phone numbers
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 10:09:54 AM »
He most certainly was stripped of his license to practice.  I watched the trial fastidiously for trial tactics and techniques in my own cases.  I can't believe Murdaugh's own lawyer asked a rebuttal lawyer witness on the stand if he thought "his client did it."  Very dangerous question for a lawyer to ask.  The answer might not have gone very well for him.  General rule is never ask a question you do not know the answer to.  You can anticipate answers and ask away knowing each consequence as to how the witness answers and if either answer does not cause harm then ask.  Otherwise do not!  Murdaugh brought shame to our profession.  It was tough to hear the financials in the prosecution's case in chief. He stole about $8 million over the space of ten years or so.  Downright embarrassing and painful to hear.  They shaved his head after sentencing.  I do not believe that was necessary but the message was sent to strip the last remaining dignity he might have had.  The guy was plain crazy.  I had never heard about blackout rounds before.  I have shot a few guns in my time but that one I had to look it up.  His sons becoming lawyers were of paramount concern for him.  I believe he shot his younger son knowing that this boat case and felony charges from said case would ruin any chance of Paw Paw getting into law school.  So he got rid of him.  The wife, who knows what that motivation might have been other than to silence her a  witness.  Murdaugh has cray  cray eyes.

Interesting case. I followed it also.

I was surprised at the verdict. Only 3-1/2 hours of deliberation!

I heard comments from former and current prosecutors who seemed to think that the Prosecution had issues both in not being able to produce the murder weapons and leaning heavily on Professional Witnesses?

The consensus at this point however, considering the results, is that it was a mistake to put Murdoch on the stand in his own defense. One comment was that attorneys make the worst clients and overrule their own defense teams.

Hopefully justice has prevailed and an innocent man has not been convicted?

In all honesty, I am grateful that I have never been called as a juror in a Capital case. That's got to be brutal to have to sit through that and have the decision placed in your lap. I'm not sure that I could do it?

I'm not sure the verdict will stand in appeal because it essentially is a conviction on circumstantial evidence. In this instance the weapon/s is/are essential. A first degree requires motive, opportunity, a body and a weapon. Eye witnesses help. Maybe the sentence will be reduced in appeal as a result?

I've heard stories of Defense Attorneys objecting to the testimony of eye witnesses because "they were prejudicing the Jury against their client" ! Seriously.

Regardless, I have serious empathy for the murdered and the surviving members of the family. Too bad a conviction can not bring them back?

"No one knows what evil lies in the hearts of men"?  For sure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 10:46:03 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 08:11:44 PM »
Don't laugh, but I keep getting recall notices on my Toyota FJ Cruiser, (some safety gig), BUT Toyota tell me that my car is a Corolla!
RARE  Signature Delete

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 09:13:50 PM »

Interesting case. I followed it also.

I was surprised at the verdict. Only 3-1/2 hours of deliberation!

I heard comments from former and current prosecutors who seemed to think that the Prosecution had issues both in not being able to produce the murder weapons and leaning heavily on Professional Witnesses?

The consensus at this point however, considering the results, is that it was a mistake to put Murdoch on the stand in his own defense. One comment was that attorneys make the worst clients and overrule their own defense teams.

Hopefully justice has prevailed and an innocent man has not been convicted?

In all honesty, I am grateful that I have never been called as a juror in a Capital case. That's got to be brutal to have to sit through that and have the decision placed in your lap. I'm not sure that I could do it?

I'm not sure the verdict will stand in appeal because it essentially is a conviction on circumstantial evidence. In this instance the weapon/s is/are essential. A first degree requires motive, opportunity, a body and a weapon. Eye witnesses help. Maybe the sentence will be reduced in appeal as a result?

I've heard stories of Defense Attorneys objecting to the testimony of eye witnesses because "they were prejudicing the Jury against their client" ! Seriously.

Regardless, I have serious empathy for the murdered and the surviving members of the family. Too bad a conviction can not bring them back?

"No one knows what evil lies in the hearts of men"?  For sure.

Dateline on Friday night (just after sentencing) made it seem the most evidence was the cell phone recording showing what a liar Murdaugh was.  There was some stuff I wondered about.  They have shell casings.  Were there fingerprints on them?  The house was not secured and a lot of the family friends were allowed into it the evening of the events.  I saw some other reports where there was Gun Shot Residue both on a jacket that he hid over at his mom's house and also on the seat belts in the vehicle he was driving.  But then I wondered, can they tell how recent the GSR is?  They are a "shooting" family so I would almost expect GSR to be around. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 09:20:51 PM »
Maybe  he can get a cell with Michael Avenatti and Tom Girardi…… ;)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 11:43:54 PM »
Murdaugh should not have taken the stand. Even so, his conviction was somewhat inevitable because circumstantial evidence is enough to garner a conviction.  Letting the financial crimes into evidence might be reversible error but you can be sure that an appellate court will strain to find any reason to make his conviction stand. Even if he could reverse his conviction and get a not guilty at a retrial, his financial crimes will put right back in prison likely for life. He is never getting out again.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2023, 11:59:42 PM »
Murdaugh should not have taken the stand. Even so, his conviction was somewhat inevitable because circumstantial evidence is enough to garner a conviction.  Letting the financial crimes into evidence might be reversible error but you can be sure that an appellate court will strain to find any reason to make his conviction stand. Even if he could reverse his conviction and get a not guilty at a retrial, his financial crimes will put right back in prison likely for life. He is never getting out again.
Addendum: I just heard that he is eligible for 900 years in prison for his financial crimes alone according to a local SC lawyer.  And there are rumblings that his son Buster might have something to do with the death of some teen back in 2015 that was made to look like an auto accident. Lots of bad mojo in that family.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023, 07:35:40 AM »
Addendum: I just heard that he is eligible for 900 years in prison for his financial crimes alone according to a local SC lawyer.  And there are rumblings that his son Buster might have something to do with the death of some teen back in 2015 that was made to look like an auto accident. Lots of bad mojo in that family.

I agree that he is very likely guilty but that isn't the letter of the law and certainly benefits society in so many ways to have him locked up forever after such a show trial everyone saw.

In retrospect I am thinking of the twist in "Presumed Innocent" not to mention the OJ fiasco as well as my personal experiences with both sides including the Judge in badjering the Jurors into conforming to the Courts rules.

No attorney in his right mind wants me on their jury and Judges need to be concerned that locking up jurors in shackles will put them eventually before the Supreme Court?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!