News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1 0f 1 shelby vinned Boss 302 why topic was deleted?

Started by shelbymann1970, March 05, 2023, 08:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Can I have some clarification as why the topic was removed? WHO removed it and for what reason. Some of us spent time posting pics and facts on this rare pilot car only to have someone delete the whole topic? From my emails it was locked, then unlock then locked again and unlocked again etc.. WHY would a moderator do this? Seems to me there was a lot of good info for some not around at this point to read and for others out there wanting to learn more. So who deleted the topic?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

Had I not saved that information it would have deleted and lost.

Why is the moderator removing valuable information?

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 05, 2023, 08:53:14 AM
Had I not saved that information it would have deleted and lost.

Why is the moderator removing valuable information?
When I posted this I hadn't realized you had saved it and started another topic. Always on top of things Pete. THANK YOU
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

427heaven

SHHHHHH..... The SHELBY Police are omni present, they dont need to give any answers to anyone. Things just happen.

shelbydoug

First off, the original poster can always 1) lock the topic 2) delete the topic. Look for  who was the original poster as the most likely? Ron is the moderator and he tends not to care about the bickering kind of like an NHL playoff game and "let the boys play".

Second. IN THE PAST, it has always been SAAC'S policy that threatening with a law suit meant immediate banning from the site. At least for threatening SAAC with a suit but there was interpretation to that rule.

One could in fact be threatening a SAAC official unknowingly and that will get you banned from SAAC as well.

That was the past. Current policy is not stated and thus unknown.

I too agree that the technical aspect of the thread was great.

If someone currently was looking for a suggestion on reposting the technically valuable replies that they have saved, copy  and paste what you have and original poster lock the thread to prevent trolls from interfering just like you would lock a For Sale ad.

You can't tell if it was the moderator or the original poster who deleted the entire post. Either could have.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

I fully understand the locking or deleting certain posts as in that former topic someone made a  political reference and I'll say it again anyone who wants to spew their political crap go do it on Twitter or Facebook-I flagged the post. I don't give a rats a$$ about anyone's political biases and sure as hell don't want to see them on this forum-either way. We all have our political biases based on our own experiences and "beliefs" and social "status". What works for me politically sure doesn't work for someone else and vice versa. Some of my friends who have different political views can talk about them civilly and we understand why each vote the way we do and respect each other's views. That is among friends. Unfortunately social media people attack strangers all the time but we know that venue. The SAAC Forum ISN'T that type of venue so can we stop any political nonsense on this forum? OK, done with my rant...
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 05, 2023, 10:17:51 AM
I fully understand the locking or deleting certain posts as in that former topic someone made a  political reference and I'll say it again anyone who wants to spew their political crap go do it on Twitter or Facebook-I flagged the post. I don't give a rats a$$ about anyone's political biases and sure as hell don't want to see them on this forum-either way. We all have our political biases based on our own experiences and "beliefs" and social "status". What works for me politically sure doesn't work for someone else and vice versa. Some of my friends who have different political views can talk about them civilly and we understand why each vote the way we do and respect each other's views. That is among friends. Unfortunately social media people attack strangers all the time but we know that venue. The SAAC Forum ISN'T that type of venue so can we stop any political nonsense on this forum? OK, done with my rant...

Agreed. +1. Count me in. PM me if you think I'm over the line. I won't bite your head off...but the water cooler might not survive!  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 05, 2023, 10:22:32 AM

Agreed. +1. Count me in. PM me if you think I'm over the line. I won't bite your head off...but the water cooler might not survive!  ;D
I have never  been offended by any of your posts. You add a lot with a lot of experience.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 05, 2023, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 05, 2023, 10:22:32 AM

I have never  been offended by any of your posts. You add a lot with a lot of experience.

I'll try harder next time!  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Hi fellas, I did not delete that very active post.

Whomever did should have gone through it and removed a few comments that where completely off topic.

That was a very vibrant post

Have a great day
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert