News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Jack Loftus Ford decal found

Started by Coralsnake, March 11, 2023, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I think this is the Loftus (Hinsdale, IL) decal. Does anyone have a better picture of one?

roddster

Gimme a couple of days.  It had a large "JL" "Jack Loftus House of Ford".  On my 67 GT 350 it was located on the deck lid, lower left corner.

Coralsnake

Does that look like an Ill plate?

roddster

Here is the artwork I have.
As I recall, the background was clear, so the lettering and the large "J" might be blue with the large "L" in white (from your photo).

Illinois plate?  I'm not sure.  Seems to have a plate frame covering where "Land of Lincoln" would be.  But, Illinois, back in the day, used a Letter (then two letters) then numbers kind of like in the photo.

Anyone with a guess as to its size?   2" X 3 1/2"??

roddster

PS:  Thanks for prodding me on this.  Once I get the size I'm going to have some made up.

Coralsnake

Thank you Sir, first time I have seen it.

Picture taken in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin and its definitely not from Northwestern Ford, so  Illinois is the next closest

You need to get a measurement on the height of decklid face. Im going to say its roughly 1/3 that measurement