News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Accelerator Pedal Assembly

Started by tahart, March 12, 2023, 10:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahart

The accelerator pedal assembly on my 70 GT500 has a bushing on both sides of the pivot rod where the rod enters the bracket. Those were worn out, so I bought a new one from CJ Pony. It was listed as a 69 Mustang part, but I was told by a Shelby guy that all were the same. It only has a bushing on one side and just the rod thru a non-bushing hole on other side. Probably will be fine, but why even do that? Why a bushing on just one side? Anyone know of the correct part being available before I send this one back?

shelbymann1970

Quote from: tahart on March 12, 2023, 10:18:28 AM
The accelerator pedal assembly on my 70 GT500 has a bushing on both sides of the pivot rod where the rod enters the bracket. Those were worn out, so I bought a new one from CJ Pony. It was listed as a 69 Mustang part, but I was told by a Shelby guy that all were the same. It only has a bushing on one side and just the rod thru a non-bushing hole on other side. Probably will be fine, but why even do that? Why a bushing on just one side? Anyone know of the correct part being available before I send this one back?
do you have a pic of the part and the area you can reference? All 1970 Shelbys started as 69s so if you need a year specific part it would be a 69 unless you are talking carb and dist on your 500.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

tahart

This is the original. Zoom in and you'll see a bushing on both sides. The CJ Pony replacement only has a bushing on one side. Anyone know who makes a correct replacement?

tahart

Tks. The first one does have bushings on both sides, but is a reverse configuration to a Shelby. The second is used, and I'm looking for a new replacement. But I appreciate you putting time into trying to help me out. I'm waiting to hear what CJ Pony has to say.

tahart

Sorry, the first one is the same as what I took off, just reverse to one advertised as a Shelby assembly on eBay.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: tahart on March 13, 2023, 11:09:01 AM
Sorry, the first one is the same as what I took off, just reverse to one advertised as a Shelby assembly on eBay.
Shelby and Mustang ones are the same. All 1969 Mustangs got the same one to be clear. More times than not the repo parts are not made the same.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 13, 2023, 11:28:08 AM
Quote from: tahart on March 13, 2023, 11:09:01 AM
Shelby and Mustang ones are the same. All 1969 Mustangs got the same one to be clear. More times than not the repo parts are not made the same.
+1
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tahart

CJPony acknowledged it was not correct and the others they checked in stock were also not correct.