News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Rare NOS Rotunda head lights FoMoCo script R12-B

Started by alex74pd184, March 06, 2023, 05:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex74pd184

NOS Rotunda bulbs, three-prong,  4002 low-beams each in its original box, shook each bulb and no rattles, never been powered up or installed. These bulbs have the etched "FoMoCo" logo in the centers and have the small "TS" logo cast into the bottom of the glass.

Bulbs are now listed in Ebay

Bob Gaines

Are these the smaller 4002 low beam for the 4 bulb system or the larger size bulbs for the two bulb system? I can't distinguish size from the picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Will you power up bulbs to confirm working order?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

alex74pd184

Bob Gaines

Middle pole is neutral . The pole on ether side will light high or low.

alex74pd184

I'll have to look into that too. If I remember correctly, the top center would get a red wire (low beam) function, right side would get green wires(high beam) and the left side would get black wires to ground?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: alex74pd184 on March 06, 2023, 10:06:18 PM
I'll have to look into that too. If I remember correctly, the top center would get a red wire (low beam) function, right side would get green wires(high beam) and the left side would get black wires to ground?
For testing negative to center. Positive to ether side will light ether high or low. They both don't have to be on at the same time to confirm that they work like in a working car situation.

alex74pd184

I'm referencing a '68 Torino head light harness in this picture. Top-center wire is red, which is power on the low beam connector. The black wire is obviously the ground circuit.

alex74pd184

Another view of the head light plug. I'll have to go my storage place, probably later tomorrow and retrieve my power-probe kit.  This way, I will be able to correctly determine which terminals get power. These are too scarce to take any chances.

alex74pd184

Each bulb was tested 2X high and low. With the center prong on the top, the left prong is the ground. Power probe kit is great for testing and diagnostics on electrical components in just about any vehicle running 12v system.   

alex74pd184

If you need more pics let me know. The battery in the camera needed a charge at the time these pictures were taken.