News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

32 Ford 5 window from the 1950s

Started by deathsled, March 18, 2023, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Another artifact. My father in the 1950s with his cherished 32 Ford five window coupe.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Great shot. Judging from the shoeboxes in the background he was on the cutting edge of hot rodding. He even started with the most iconic hot rod of all time. 32s are so rare now that stock Model A Coupe restorations are starting to be hot rodded at a rapid rate.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/10-reasons-why-the-1932-ford-is-a-hot-rod-icon/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

deathsled

That red 32 (yes red of course) is my first childhood memory. He took it apart in two pieces, chassis and body and left it in my grandmother's backyard. He never put it together again and out of years of frustration she gave it away. When he came by and saw it gone he was furious. By then it was a rusting old hulk. He said he never forgave his mother for getting rid of it. I think seeing that car is where my automotive interest started.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on March 18, 2023, 01:34:16 PM... left it in my grandmother's backyard. .... she gave it away.
I had bought a 28 Chevy and had to store it at my parents (we were living in an apartment with little parking). My dad kept threatening to call the junkyard if I didn't do something with it. I finally sold it. I think he was tolerant of it because he remembered his mom's first new car - a 28 Chevy. Driving at 12 in rural MI wasn't a big deal then.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 18, 2023, 02:39:17 PM
Quote from: deathsled on March 18, 2023, 01:34:16 PM... left it in my grandmother's backyard. .... she gave it away.
I had bought a 28 Chevy and had to store it at my parents (we were living in an apartment with little parking). My dad kept threatening to call the junkyard if I didn't do something with it. I finally sold it. I think he was tolerant of it because he remembered his mom's first new car - a 28 Chevy. Driving at 12 in rural MI wasn't a big deal then.
Great photo from back in the day!