News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Master cylinder rebuild kit

Started by Tomdeg, March 21, 2023, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomdeg

Hey All,
Looking to rebuild my master cylinder. When I look online, the kits available say "All except GT350". I'm not sure why the notation, other than maybe they are referring to a MICO master? Seems to me any kit for disc brakes would work, right? If not, can someone refer me to the correct kit.

Thanks,
Tom

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Tomdeg on March 21, 2023, 07:35:15 PM
Hey All,
Looking to rebuild my master cylinder. When I look online, the kits available say "All except GT350". I'm not sure why the notation, other than maybe they are referring to a MICO master? Seems to me any kit for disc brakes would work, right? If not, can someone refer me to the correct kit.

Thanks,
Tom
A 65/66 disc brake master cylinder rebuild kit should be perfectly fine. Nothing was done to modify a GT350's master cylinder. If you read "all except GT350 " it most likely is referring to the cars equipped with the Mico master as you suspect IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Tomdeg

Just what I wanted to hear :)
Thanks Bob!