News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Engine off set

Started by Migge, January 09, 2019, 01:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris Speedster

Truly do not know how to answer.
Maybe they just found it easier to leave it as it was.?
Weight always needs to be distributed from what I have read & experienced .
You made me think, Did Shelby build a right hand drive Cobra?
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Cobrabob

Shelby didn't, but AC did

pbf777

O.k., well now you've got me wondering something I really hadn't given any real thought to previously, as my comment was based on typical American car manufacturing practice; so now the thought is: so what have say, the British been doing since their vehicles start out as right-hand drivers for the home market, but for export they have offered many of the same models as a left-hand driver example?  I guess I could start by going out and measuring my TVR (sold off the Jags!  :( ) which currently is a right (wrong!  ::) ) - hand driver but they were obviously offered as left ("right", correct, proper!  ;) ) - hand also.  Though this example may prove not typical as TVR having been a low production example manufacturer probably wouldn't have incurred the expense of creating a "lefty" and then a separate "righty" chassis anyway?   :-\

Scott.