News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Real or Another False Narrative

Started by Don Johnston, March 21, 2023, 07:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Don Johnston on March 21, 2023, 07:48:47 PM
It sounds really suspect to me.  Wasn't CS still with Chrysler and promoting the Viper in early 1990s and associated with Ford?

https://www.hotcars.com/super-rare-ford-python-shows-up-for-sale/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox_HC2&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3IC5oYV2JM5Yt6SBOT3684p_7X9xVrQjYmGjso1Onz52M88ncgPTpWhTs#Echobox=1679139484

8)
I call BS on this one. We haven't had one these unknown Shelby unicorn stories in a while. The so called facts used in the story are laughable. At least they made me laugh.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Side-Oilers

Total BS. 

First tip-off (other than there are no hidden secret Cobra replacement projects running around with '80s Mustang and Tbird parts on them) is the style in which the article is written.  That means no style at all.   Sounds like an AI bot wrote it.

Seriously.   The phrasing is like something out of a Mad Libs. 

Welcome to the future of "journalism."  The number of eyes on the click-bait is all that counts.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

98SVT - was 06GT

BS For those worried about the legitimacy of the car, then look no further than the plaque inside. As well as signing in the back seat area, Shelby signed a plaque inside each of the 12 Pythons that were ultimately created.

No way that shape was developed in the 60s. CS was playing with the Lone Star as the Cobra replacement. Do the other 7 have signatures? Remember CS would even sign a skateboard for a donation to the foundation.

This was the CS personal project in the early 90s and yes they were originally powered by a Dodge V6  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-shelby-can-am/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

With wording such as the following how could you go wrong. Great internet journalism ::)

"It is also alleged by the sellers that this car was actually signed somewhere in the back seat area by Carroll Shelby himself."

"Less Than 40,000 Miles Make This Ford Python Almost Brand New "

"Carroll Shelby Signature Plaque On The Python Suggests It Is Legitimate "
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Knight rider wants K.I.T.T. back..... :o

rhjanes

" But that's now how it panned out as just 12 were in fact built. Now, one of those 12 has cropped up for sale on Facebook Marketplace." 
Just in the first paragraph.  It does sound AI written.   Note the "But that's now......"   
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

Its got to be real :

"Carroll Shelby Signature Plaque On The Python Suggests It Is Legitimate"

LMAO happy early April fools !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

Wikipedia is only slightly more credible than Facebook

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(Ford_prototype)

And Stevie Mags says Motor Trend never makes a mistake

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1503-kellys-1990-python-is-not-a-kit-car/amp/
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Coralsnake

Im going real. Now Shelbys involvement might be questionable...

FL SAAC

Wondering if Triumph know that someone cloned their TR series ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tesgt350

Coralsnake

I think thats Al Kelly's signature