News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Best replacement leaf springs for 66 GT350?

Started by mtdubvee, March 25, 2023, 07:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Yes please do, also would like to be able to "find" the parts easily. Also, to my statement earlier, good, better, best, sometimes the price does not reflect that idea.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on March 27, 2023, 07:08:49 AM
Bob,

Are you going to share your top 3?

Corey
There is not a perfect easy button answer . NPD, Virginnia Classic Mustang and Branda Performance are my top 3 picks that have the most variety of new good reproduction parts. However each have go and no go parts alternatives so you have to be informed so to know which place has the best part for a particular Shelby application. These 3 don't have everything and so you have to use other places for some parts that may be better or simply parts the others don't have . That is why a forum like this is invaluable for helping inform so as to determine the best alternatives so a buyer can make a decision that is best for them. I hear complaints constantly about places like CJ that offer lower prices but end up getting wrong or inferior grade parts. My advice is to get informed . That many not be the easiest way but it helps with having a better chance of ending up with the best part for your application.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Quote from: mtdubvee on March 25, 2023, 03:40:41 PM
So basically there is no easy direct replacement lol.

I've got the originals but a couple are broke. Customer is wanting to get the car on the road asap.
My Eatons were spot on but were bought 23 years ago. One day I'll put my original bottom leaf on them.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)