News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Owner of 5S449 Unique opportunity !

Started by chris NOS, March 28, 2023, 10:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris NOS

Hi ,if  the owner of 5S449 is here , or somebody knows him , his original owner manual is for sale on Mecum, how many owners here would like to have this opportunity !!!

https://ontime.mecum.com/auction/249/item/1965-mustang-gt350-owners-manual-39958/

tesgt350

Just curious:  It is already at $1,611.  If the Owner buys it, what would be the bump in Price of the Car to have in the Glove Box compared to just having a Reproduction one?  Example:  If the Car is NOW worth $450,000 with out it, what could it be worth WITH it?  If the actual Sell Price would not change, which I don't think it would, why waste $1,711 on it? That's a big nut to spend just to be able to SAY it has the original Owners Manual.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tesgt350 on March 28, 2023, 02:00:43 PM
Just curious:  It is already at $1,611.  If the Owner buys it, what would be the bump in Price of the Car to have in the Glove Box compared to just having a Reproduction one?  Example:  If the Car is NOW worth $450,000 with out it, what could it be worth WITH it?  If the actual Sell Price would not change, which I don't think it would, why waste $1,711 on it? That's a big nut to spend just to be able to SAY it has the original Owners Manual.
Regardless of if original to the car I am curious if you know what original 65 GT350 owners manuals trade hands for?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I think if you have $450,000 in disposable income, another $2,000 is pocket change
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

camp upshur

Crazily there are guys on this forum who paid a mere fraction of $1611 for their 65 GT-350s and still wrench/street drive their cars.
I'm waiting for a speculator to offer 'original' battery acid!

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 28, 2023, 02:13:00 PM
I think if you have $450,000 in disposable income, another $2,000 is pocket change

Which 1/3 of the owners manual would you like for that $2,000?  ;D

Just joshin, just joshin....
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Vernon Estes

Quote from: camp upshur on March 28, 2023, 03:02:26 PM

Crazily there are guys on this forum who paid a mere fraction of $1611 for their 65 GT-350s and still wrench/street drive their cars.
I'm waiting for a speculator to offer 'original' battery acid!

I wrench and street drive my own cars...and I'm not a speculator. The value is the value on this stuff and on the cars.

I would have loved to have been afforded the opportunity to purchase these ole cars when they cost $1,600 but unfortunately when these cars were new my father was 4 years old. Just wasn't in the cards for me  ;D

Kind regards,
Vern

J_Speegle

Then again, looking at it from a different angle, the lack of one, with other issues or short comings might cause a potential buyer to rethink offering the full (in this example) $450K. Just goes to support how "complete" the package is.

Of course this is a goes along with or against the quality or lack of everything else that was done to the car as far as restoration if it were a restored car.

No two cars, owners, and potential buyers are the same so its difficult IMHO to try and apply one angle of looking at these things. I've always been terrible at figuring out how or why, other people should spend their money :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Vernon Estes

Yea, it is tough to say that adding $XXXX worth of a parts or literature purchase will actually equate to that additional money coming out of the sale but I think that Jeff hits its square on the head by saying that it certainly makes the car/object offered more appealing and definitely gives the impression that the car is owned by someone who has gone to great length to make the car as complete and compelling as possible. We all can understand that sometimes you are buying the prior owner as much as you are buying the car because of the way that the owner has treated and kept the car.

Kind regards,
Vern

Side-Oilers

For me, it's not about adding $$ in value to the car...but in adding historical significance. 

If THAT manual originally came in THAT car, it's pretty nice to have them reunited again.   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

KR Convertible

Is the car number on the manual somewhere?  I don't see it.  Was it determined by the original owners name?

Vernon Estes

Quote from: KR Convertible on March 28, 2023, 03:29:29 PM
Is the car number on the manual somewhere?  I don't see it.  Was it determined by the original owners name?

The serial number is not inside the manual, just original owner's name.

Ive been involved with this manual fo ra long time time it was at one point supposedly offered to the car's owner. He was not interested in having it back from what I was told.

Kind regards,
Vern

Rickmustang

1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rickmustang on March 28, 2023, 09:47:24 PM
Vern is correct....>$5k
I believe Vern implied 6K in reply #5 and I concur that would be a todays world price..
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Anyone have any idea how big the original print run was?Cant be too big with only 525 original street cars.I am assuming the comp cars didn't come with a manual.Is that right?