News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Searching for an original 427 C for chassis measurements

Started by Lionel, September 01, 2023, 05:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Good morning everyone,

I am brand new to the forum and to the SAAC, this is my first post...

I built a Factory Five cobra a few years ago, and now I want to build a FIA approved 427 C :) I also happen to be a mechanical engineer. I spent some time redrawing a rear engined birdcage from the Panini Museum, and recovered a few original drawings from italian cars : Maserati 300S, Ferrari 625TRC (had the original in my hands... unbelievable).

Well, I have started to redraw from drawings bought on ebay, but for accuracy and historical fidelity, I am looking for an orginal car to take measurements of the chassis.

> Would anyone know an owner (private, museum), or owns... someone that would be okay for a measurement session ? On this side of the pond... Europe :) If not, I will travel

I already have called Gentlemen's car (Shelby EU import), and it was not possible.

You can download the two first steps of chassis building for free on my e-store here : www.cobra427competition.com

I also include an example here.

Thank you for your help !!

I will have questions for the body later on  ;)

All questions welcome 🤗
Preparing a full blueprint
http://cobra427competition.com

mickmate

Welcome aboard. I assume you are referring to a C as a competition? They used the same chassis for competition, semi competition and street cars. I don't know where your dimensions came from but I don't see any that agree with anything I have on file.