News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

4567s differences

Started by Mojie21, April 01, 2023, 04:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojie21

I've collected a few 4567s fuel pumps and the castings are different. 

2 are December 67, same date; one with "CARTER USA" and one with "CARTER" upside down.

One February 68 date - "CARTER" upside down
One April 68 dated - "CARTER" righside up

Which type would be typical for the 68 GT350s from NJ?

Mike

J_Speegle

Quote from: Mojie21 on April 01, 2023, 04:27:16 PM
Which type would be typical for the 68 GT350s from NJ?

Not enough information

What is the casting date on the engine block and or the assembly date stamped on the drivers side of the block at front where the head and block come together.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TLea

Metuchen plant was supplied by Carter USA and typically will have that in the casting. As a side note Dearborn was supplied by Carter Canada so 68 and 69 (GT 350) would have CARbureTUR made in canada in the casting

Mojie21

I have found the Made in Canada ones for the Dearborn plant in my searches and on original Dearborn cars, so have ruled those out for NJ. 

Jeff, question was not specific to MY car as to date codes, but more finding it odd that the casting had 3 different variations (4 if you count CANADA) in a few months span.  So assuming they were supplied by different Carter manufactures (resulting in variations in castings), was more wondering if they would all be correct for GT 350s or as TLea suggested, CARTER USA is correct.

That was exactly what I was looking for Gentleman.  Thank you for your responses. 
(TLea, you meant 69 & 70 GT 350s?)

TLea

Of course 70 Shelby as well. Every original 68 J code I've seen has said Carter USA on it. Seeing as your other pumps have ford part #'s I have no doubt they came on Ford engines but can't say for sure what plants   Remember Ford installed small blocks in a bunch of plants other than nj,sj and Dearborn

J_Speegle

Since the fuel pumps were typically installed at the car plants on small blocks you would want to look for original examples from Dearborn for your 69 answer
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

430dragpack

Here is the original 4567S off of a '69 351W Grande from SJ plant built in February of '69.  She's pretty grungy! Pump is dated Jan. 2nd '69.

livetoride60

Here's one of the "Made in Canada" ones. 

Fresh from Fred