Author Topic: A Traitor among us!!!  (Read 4553 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
A Traitor among us!!!
« on: April 10, 2023, 11:47:08 PM »
The news got out and one of our friends who wanted to remain anonymous  (CDC George Huisman ;)) decided to let everyone know that special Ed has turned into traitor Ed. George had some stickers made up and they ended up being plastered all over the recent Columbus All Ford Swap Meet . I had to post picture to the gallery so click on this link   https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=6836   I cornered Ed and asked him to tell me it aint so. Instead Ed proceeded to regaled me with his story about his Corvette purchase and win at a recent NCRS event. I learned more about NCRS then I ever wanted to . :o  I found this sticker above the urinal in one of the men's room at the show. At first I thought it was a sales ad . I scared the guy next to me when I let out a yell as my eyes focused and I comprehended the horror of what I was seeing.  I could not un see it . I have had nightmares ever since. What is the world coming to?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Traitor among us!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 02:28:03 AM »
Use caution around people with Tupperware Chevies. 8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 06:35:09 AM »
Kool
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 07:14:13 AM »
Well Ed wanted to buy this car I found for a friend. 71 HEMI Cuda. Yes, Ed that is a NCRS Vette and a Bloomington gold tripower 4 speed number matching vert next to the HEMI.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/shelbymann1970/52732356409/in/dateposted-public/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 07:15:59 AM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 07:55:38 AM »
Like many of us Ed is not one dimensional. We get pegged as the "Shelby" guys but in reality a lot of us grew up with and have a lot of knowledge about all cars available in the day. When Ed was bought it I was sharing about ways to tell it was a genuine sidepipe car.  In addition to mostly Fords I owned several Vettes, BB Mopars, Trans am etc.( I did draw the line at AMC though  ;D) Its always fun when you are hanging around the GM crowd and start pointing out details they don't even know lol

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 10:16:57 AM »
Like many of us Ed is not one dimensional. We get pegged as the "Shelby" guys but in reality a lot of us grew up with and have a lot of knowledge about all cars available in the day. When Ed was bought it I was sharing about ways to tell it was a genuine sidepipe car.  In addition to mostly Fords I owned several Vettes, BB Mopars, Trans am etc.( I did draw the line at AMC though  ;D) Its always fun when you are hanging around the GM crowd and start pointing out details they don't even know lol

Yep!  I have 4 MGB's currently, 2 '79's and 2 '67's.  I'm also into BMW M cars.  :-)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 10:19:48 AM »
Back in 1995 there was a 40 year anniversary of the GM Tech center in Warren for us GM employees and some others who found out about the show(during the week mid day). I parked my Shelby vert in front of the DJ tent. The DJ got tired of me answering all the GM trivia questions(yes I know a lot of useless facts about GM and Chrysler) so I started sending kids up for the prizes. My only scare was leaving and driving behind the 1950s JET car as it was hot going back to it's storage building.  I've owned them all but AMCs(still would like a SCRambler Rambler though).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 10:57:13 AM »
Looks like he can still be saved. I don't see a Members Only jacket or any gold chains. And he does have that "Naturally, Chevys Really Suck" decal.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 11:00:42 AM »
     It may be more than just a singular "traitor" here, as just speaking for myself I also have an example of the "Plastic-Fantastic" GM in my garage, and this transgression along with many other makers examples over the years.   

Oh, and back in the '70's I even owned an AMC (Javelin)!   8)

Scott.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 12:11:10 PM »
If I catch Ed with a sweater tied around his neck I am going to lose it. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 12:40:37 PM »
Sneak one of those "Friends don't let friends drive Chevys", bumper stickers on his bowtie. The verbal shellacking could be epic.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2023, 01:36:45 PM »
Dont you have to be a certain age to get a corvette? Didn't think anyone in this club was that old?
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 01:37:15 PM »
If I catch Ed with a sweater tied around his neck I am going to lose it. ;D
How about one of those Corvette Hawaiian shirts?  ;D
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »
Here is the proud papa. You done good

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 03:00:44 PM »
Of course all teasing aside and as much as I hate to admit , it is a cool American car.