News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

A Traitor among us!!!

Started by Bob Gaines, April 10, 2023, 11:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Whitewalls and side pipes? may as well wear black socks and sandals with plaid shorts and a striped shirt.
As for other cars, i can't say too much I have a 1993 VW Eurovan MV 5speed that sleeps two.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

JohnB

Special Ed

Well i heard it all from some ford clowns i know that are all just JEALOUS like me winning a pabst blue ribbon with my chevette etc etc. I always wanted a c2 stingray coupe as i used to go to local gas station back in late 60s and admire a black 67 coupe that was parked by gas station and the owner worked there when he got back from nam he bought this coupe from a doctor in the area and i told him some day if i ever saved enought $ up i would buy it but he wrecked it. I went to mi. to look at a 67 435 original coupe back 15 years ago and the day i was supposed to send $ they sold it to someone else so i found a black 64  327 coupe and didnt have it long as my brother wanted it and i really wanted a 427. So last year i sold one of my shelby verts and started looking again for a 427 coupe as i wanted a sports car and cobras and gt 40s are way out of my budget range. I found this 19.000 mile unmolested no hit vette in ny and it was the color combo and options i wanted 411 posi trac close ratio alum 4 speed f 41 special suspension  side exhaust am/fm tint glass and rare headrest. I joined NCRS because the 2023 NATS are in french lick third week of july and they are using the same setup we did have 2 lifts in the pavillion for judging and if u drive your car to show u get bonus points and i only live 42 miles away but i found out i couldnt go until i qualified by going to a regional show first and be judged so i went to the corvette expo 2 weeks ago and just got an email from NATS head judge that i am approved to go to nats now as its very limited since it takes awhile to judge these cars at ncrs as they check everything and everything has to work like it was new and they have  5 different groups of judges who specialize in certain areas and its done very fairly and equally and by the book thats 1 " thick assembly manual.  I have had many cars over the years and like them all but have my favorites cudas challengers gtx gts chargers 383 440 sixpacks hemis 327 427 impalas vettes etc but i like fords the best 289s 390 428scj boss 302 429 and 429 scj mustangs and torino and too many mustangs and shelbys to count also some cougars so dont knock them till u tried them all. I cleaned my vette with dry ice and been working all winter on it but still got a few small things to do to it before going to the nats and when i registered this car i found out its the only 67 427 coupe that is marlboro marron with white black interior that is known to exist so i think is a keeper now!!

Corey Bowcutt

Can we get a picture or two?

Corey

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on April 12, 2023, 12:46:15 AM
Well i heard it all from some ford clowns i know that are all just JEALOUS like me winning a pabst blue ribbon with my chevette etc etc. I always wanted a c2 stingray coupe as i used to go to local gas station back in late 60s and admire a black 67 coupe that was parked by gas station and the owner worked there when he got back from nam he bought this coupe from a doctor in the area and i told him some day if i ever saved enought $ up i would buy it but he wrecked it. I went to mi. to look at a 67 435 original coupe back 15 years ago and the day i was supposed to send $ they sold it to someone else so i found a black 64  327 coupe and didnt have it long as my brother wanted it and i really wanted a 427. So last year i sold one of my shelby verts and started looking again for a 427 coupe as i wanted a sports car and cobras and gt 40s are way out of my budget range. I found this 19.000 mile unmolested no hit vette in ny and it was the color combo and options i wanted 411 posi trac close ratio alum 4 speed f 41 special suspension  side exhaust am/fm tint glass and rare headrest. I joined NCRS because the 2023 NATS are in french lick third week of july and they are using the same setup we did have 2 lifts in the pavillion for judging and if u drive your car to show u get bonus points and i only live 42 miles away but i found out i couldnt go until i qualified by going to a regional show first and be judged so i went to the corvette expo 2 weeks ago and just got an email from NATS head judge that i am approved to go to nats now as its very limited since it takes awhile to judge these cars at ncrs as they check everything and everything has to work like it was new and they have  5 different groups of judges who specialize in certain areas and its done very fairly and equally and by the book thats 1 " thick assembly manual.  I have had many cars over the years and like them all but have my favorites cudas challengers gtx gts chargers 383 440 sixpacks hemis 327 427 impalas vettes etc but i like fords the best 289s 390 428scj boss 302 429 and 429 scj mustangs and torino and too many mustangs and shelbys to count also some cougars so dont knock them till u tried them all. I cleaned my vette with dry ice and been working all winter on it but still got a few small things to do to it before going to the nats and when i registered this car i found out its the only 67 427 coupe that is marlboro marron with white black interior that is known to exist so i think is a keeper now!!
I always loved midyears Ed. you got good taste. For all the Chevy haters if it wasn't for Chevies Ford lovers would never have had the 428 Cobra Jet or possibly a Ford powered  AC Cobra thanks to Chevy having a Corvette at the time.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Special Ed

I have also owned oldsmobiles buick GS and my first car was a pontiac LeMans. I have 10 brothers and sisters and 6 of my brothers are a year apart in a row so our farm looked like a used car lot with cars tractors trucks etc everywhere and some were parts cars as we never could aford anything newer mostly old used vehichles that needed work as my first car was $50.00 because someone stole the chrome reverses off it and after i got the car i was given them back after the cops cought the bandit. I had to have 2 cars back in hi-skool a 64 VW to drive on weekdays to work and my 67 440 GTX i drove on weekends as thats the only way i could get insurance as the VW was pirmary transportation and gtx was only to be used part time since i had too many tickets (hum imagine that) and insurance back in muscle car era was based on a point system and every violation had points against your record and i could never get a pony car since insurance company wouldnot insure me with all my points against me as they based the rates on HP to weight ratio and verts were higher also so thats why i bought 428 mach1 boss  shelby and cuda challengers vettes later in life to enjoy since i couldnt get insurance on them in my younger days. I knew guys back in hi-skool that had bigger insurance payments than their car payments were. You had to pass inspections back then to make car safe to be on the road and some guys would borrow tires and wheels from their buddy car to put on their car to try and pass inspection because u had to have enought rubber tread on tires as they measure tread depth to pass inspection because back in the muscle car era the rubber was left on the road doing burnouts and racing !!

FL SAAC

Quote from: Special Ed on April 12, 2023, 12:46:15 AM

Sounds like a winner, congratulations  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Karguy

I love my 66 GT-350.
I really really really like my 65 BB Corvette roadster.
"Can't we all just get along"??
😎

6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

rhjanes

Question:  Gorgeous car first.   The hide-away/popup headlights are open.  Judging requirement?  Or like my long gone 1970 Mercury Cyclone, there are some very slow vacuum leaks so after sitting a few days, the headlight doors are opening/open. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Karguy on April 12, 2023, 10:29:32 AM
I love my 66 GT-350.
😎
I hope you are not being serious with your quoted remark.  I haven't seen any evidence of not getting along. The thread started out with friendly teasing. I hope that friendly spirit in posts continues regardless of what one owns or likes.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 12, 2023, 11:05:39 AM
Quote from: Karguy on April 12, 2023, 10:29:32 AM
I love my 66 GT-350.
😎
I hope you are not being serious with your quoted remark.  I haven't seen any evidence of not getting along. The thread started out with friendly teasing. I hope that friendly spirit in posts continues regardless of what one owns or likes.
Well we all know it was friendly teasing from those  who know the ones involved but lets be clear there are MANY 1 brand only Ford lovers. I see them all the time. They can get pretty nasty on some social media  platforms but not here for the most part. I own 4 Chevies and 2 Fords. Well one has been gifted to my daughter but title still in my name and my Mom's Malibu is signed over to me but isn't mine yet(She is in hospice).
Chevies: my 2019 Equinox AWD Redline  2.0 Turbo is fast. 105K miles and the ONLY service has been rear brakes at 79K. Still has the JJ2 hiperf front brakes. NOTHING else. Still have the original tires but those are of course not Chevy tires but have 80K on them(25K on snow tires). Not bad for a Chevy.  :) 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

JohnSlack

Ed,
Totally respect your choice after I sold KK1383 I chased a black 427 435 Horse coupe for a long time. I had just finished an engine for my attorney's 1966 427 convertible Corvette and I wanted that coupe pretty bad. I think that the owner could see how much I wanted the car because he priced it accordingly. Then my attorney sold his 1966 convertible (my second choice) and didn't let me make an offer. So I found myself back in the BOSS 302 world and still enjoy that, even though if the right 1970 SS454 Chevelle showed its face I might have to look at it.

John

Special Ed

rhjanes yes headlights have to work during operation check and they have motors not vaccum like cougars. The car has to start cold and idle both cold and fast and run long enought to get temp up to check heater and defrost and choke properly.All lights have to work even dash gauge lights and am/fm stations and all gauges. All keys and locks and window cranks have to work in correct locations. Wiper blades have to be in correct locations and washer jets have to squirt up 10'' and 10'' from center of windshield in factory clocked location and spare and jack have to be out to check as well as spare tire lock and owner has to be by car at all times and do all  the testing and prove u own the car and have insurance before allowed in the show. They even check the fusebox for correct  original flashers and fuses as 67 fuses are color coded to the amp sizes. Also owner has to remove air cleaner and dist chrome cover and all wiring routing and holders have to be in a certain location in place and horns and both hi low beams light have to work and brake and signal lights also park lights cigar lighter etc.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: JohnSlack on April 12, 2023, 01:09:02 PM
Ed,
Totally respect your choice after I sold KK1383 I chased a black 427 435 Horse coupe for a long time. I had just finished an engine for my attorney's 1966 427 convertible Corvette and I wanted that coupe pretty bad. I think that the owner could see how much I wanted the car because he priced it accordingly. Then my attorney sold his 1966 convertible (my second choice) and didn't let me make an offer. So I found myself back in the BOSS 302 world and still enjoy that, even though if the right 1970 SS454 Chevelle showed its face I might have to look at it.

John
I mentioned earlier I found my friend a LS6 and a Hemi Cuda. I'm told by another friend that his favorite car to drive out of the old owner's collection was the LS6 so I can't wait to drive that car. Since my friend bought the LS6 (18 cars in his collection) I have tried to get his other 70 Chevelle which is a L34 SS with the MT out.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

daltondavid

am I overlooking something here? you get a Blue ribbon for having the headlights stuck open?? sweet car!! I would definitely own it.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM