News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

715 Holley

Started by gt350bp, April 12, 2023, 06:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350bp

Can anyone advise on the stock size of the discharge nozzle on a Holley 715? I misplaced my notes and can't remember what I started with. Think it may have been a #28, as I have an extra in the parts bin. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Don
gt350bp

texas swede

I believe the original on a 3259 Holley 715 is .25.
Texas Swede

Drew Pojedinec

It is 100% a .025
If all you have is a .028, that would likely be fine as well.

gt350bp

Thanks guys! Will be taking a road trip this Saturday for the National Mustang Day activities at the Valiant Air Command Museum in Titusville, FL. Going to take some parts and try to get the carb dialed in. I'm real close as most of the hesitation on mashing the gas is gone. Found that most of the issue is that the accelerator pump has a lag when the pump arm starts to move. Was not getting a shot with the initial arm movement so I've been backing off the adjustment a little at a time and Voila!

Don
gt350bp

Drew Pojedinec

Don, I'm in southern Georgia and have uhhh a few holley parts and gaskets.
If you need anything, give a shout.

gt350bp

Drew,

Thanks for the offer. I did pick up a couple of power valves at the local Advanced Discount Auto Store. The kid behind the counter had no clue, so he said to come behind the counter and check in a box that was misc. Holley parts and found the power valves. I think I'm finally understanding the Holley's at my advanced age. Will see if I can get it dialed in this weekend then on to my 482 CJ with a Quick Fuels Q-Series 750. I think it actually could use a 850.

Don
gt350bp