Author Topic: A Must Watch: Interview with Pete Brock and The Cooper Monaco King Cobra  (Read 1551 times)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Interview by Donald Osborne with excellent, original race footage of Dave MacDonald and fully restored with David Donahue driving at Goodwood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9zw4RBSL4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 12:50:45 PM by NC TRACKRAT »
5S071, 6S1467

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Very cool video, thanks for posting!
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Jim Herrud

• SAAC Member
  • '65 GT350 Tribute, '19 GT350 Eagle ID
    • View Profile
Well worth the time to watch. Thx!
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a “Vintage Car” guy. Now I’m just a “Vintage” car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

propayne

• View Profile
Beautiful and important car (love that "factory" silver/blue) - intelligent and insightful interview - thanks!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Jerry Titus bought one of the cars - less engine. On getting it home they decided the chassis was pretty much junk - cracks etc. They pulled the trans, suspension bits, etc and the rest was hauled off to a landfill in the San Fernando Valley. Titus built an experimental vacuum car idea (ala Chaparral) with an aluminum Buick by Traco and bits from the Cooper. It didn't use traditional suspension (think go Kart) but where the chassis flex (think of spring rate) was controlled by inserting different thicknesses of tubing inside the main tubes. The thought was the suspension changing heights ruined the ground effects advantage of the vacuum. The whole package was very light but too hard to dial in. Rick Titus bought the remains of his dad's car about 20 years ago - just the chassis, hubs and wheels along with the original Cooper fuel tanks. It was a wall hanger but I think got tossed in one of his moves.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless