News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rear seat belt plastic covers - two styles

Started by 6s1640, April 15, 2023, 08:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

I have been tinkering with several sets of rear seat belts and noticed there are actuality two different styles of plastic covers for the body anchor plate end of the seat belts.  They both perform the same function, but are oriented differently on the anchor plate.  Any ideas why the two styles?  Maybe a form of a date code? Early vs late?

In the attached image, the two covers on the left are longer and place the cover tab under the anchor, from a belt with a date code 2366 (23rd week 1966, May-ish) (correction 1-66 date code.)

The two covers on the right shorter, place the cover tab under the bolt and does a nicer job of covering the anchor plate, from a a 1-66 date coded belt (January 1966)

Any ideas?

My first guess is a small cost savings.  The covers on the right use less material and will cost a few pennies less.

Thanks

Cory

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

6s1640

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on April 16, 2023, 08:42:51 AM
Car 1431 has the early style covers

Hi Steve,

Since I'm not sure at this time which is early and which is late, I have my guess, does 6S1431 have the longer or shorter cover?  Lets go with long and short for now.

Thanks

Cory