News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Plug wires

Started by corbins, April 16, 2023, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbins

Who makes a GOOD fitting 7mm set of wires for a BB ?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: corbins on April 16, 2023, 06:54:37 PM
Who makes a GOOD fitting 7mm set of wires for a BB ?
You typically have to cut and fit them yourself.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelbypat

i suggest MartiAutoworks. They supply kits with differents dates codes available. Wires are numbered and the lengths are correct.

Patrick

shelbydoug

Quote from: Shelbypat on April 18, 2023, 07:29:09 AM
i suggest MartiAutoworks. They supply kits with differents dates codes available. Wires are numbered and the lengths are correct.

Patrick

Yes. They fit well and look original.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Marti is a obvious choice for original assemblyline looking wires however the OP asked for 7mm wires which are in the after market category.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69 GT350 Vert

The last set of Marti plug wires I bought had high resistance on the ohm meter.  Taylor spiro pro wires are better performance.

crossboss

Taylor is bar none the best aftermarket wires that 'look' close to stock. Very good quality also.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Bob Gaines

+1 on the Taylor Spiro pro. Black is the preferred color to get them in because the factory were black. Honestly that is about the only thing that makes them look similar to original. There are not any better I take lacquer thinner and remove all of the aftermarket lettering on the wires which is one less obvious tell.I like the 45 degree angle boots. There are not any other non original aftermarket choices IMO.

shelbymann1970

I have Jacobs 8MM wires on my 428 in black. Has anyone else used them. Dan Reiter put them on my car waaay back then and he uses good stuff on his car. Drag raced and SAAC tracked the car for many years.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Cobrask8

I was about to mention the set-up used!!! Agreed, 8mm cut to length. I also converted to an under-cap electronic, and a good coil. I used the MSD Blaster II, painted it black, and put on the Ford decal. Just note to top is the wrong color.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Cobrask8 on April 23, 2023, 07:21:52 PM
I was about to mention the set-up used!!! Agreed, 8mm cut to length. I also converted to an under-cap electronic, and a good coil. I used the MSD Blaster II, painted it black, and put on the Ford decal. Just note to top is the wrong color.
And the car still runs GREAT! Great setup you did back then. No issues and its been a few decades.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

corbins

Thanks all...  Taylors ordered. Love the 45* boots.