News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

4 speed shifter assembly

Started by 67 GT350, April 20, 2023, 11:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Anyone have a nice factory 4 speed shifter for 66 and a 67? Complete...Right now both of my cars have Hursts in them. Might like to convert back. Also I understand that there is a guy who attaches a factory Ford shifter to the Hurst mechanism ??? But the reverse lockout is deactivated? And, is there a person who can take a factory Ford shifter assembly and make it work much better?

Sorry for all the dumb post I am doing lately, (not trying to break any records), but I am working of both cars and trying to make them into something I would like better....
RARE  Signature Delete

68cobra427

Chicago craigslist 65-67 mustang 4-speed shifter complete $400  Picture looks good.
Text 1-630-247-1521

rkm

I like the Hurst  shifter better also. Way more positive and less play but no reverse lockout. So I went with the original shifter and changed a bunch of the bushings to hard nylon as well as those two bushings that go underneath the end of the shift lever where it attaches at the top of the mechanism, this removed a lot of the sloppiness. The original bushings on top are rubber and they degrade very quickly.

Hope that helps.

JWH

NC TRACKRAT

If you find the shifter mechanism and rods but no lever, I've got a very nice one. Send me  PM if interested.
5S071, 6S1467

gjz30075

Greg Z
6S2249

PR

If you don't find what you're looking for I have a complete setup for the 67, call or text me, I am recovering from a procedure but sure I can dig it out for pictures, Pete 707-849-0352, rudo9@comcast.net

This is the ford factory shifter expert.

Bill Healy

301-774-6710