Author Topic: technical section ?  (Read 1623 times)

gt350shelb

• View Profile
technical section ?
« on: September 28, 2023, 06:29:29 PM »
 How about  bringing back the tech section ..........engine / chassis / body/ electrical / tips and ideas
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

67gt500

• View Profile
Re: technical section ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 02:23:58 AM »
Couldn’t agree more Phil..

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 11:34:15 AM »
+1
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 12:34:16 PM »
Isn't like the car sections sort of a technical section, like discussion sections for 65-66, 67-78, 69-70 Are not they complete and mostly tech? If it is all grouped together wouldn't that make it harder to find something?
RARE  Signature Delete

Jhockman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 01:50:52 PM »
Could it be broken into sub categories 

Body
Electrical
Engine

So on

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 03:28:28 PM »
How about  bringing back the tech section ..........engine / chassis / body/ electrical / tips and ideas

So your thinking about having a mechanical section where all years, models and so on are organized together?  Rather than how we have now with them broken out by year.
Guess this would include factory, modified, race and resto-mod sort of subjects all gather together within the separate engine, trans .... sections?

Just asking for others
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 03:30:44 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Jhockman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 03:57:30 PM »
Open 1968 or whatever year car
Then a drop down of subjects for that year of car appears

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 05:48:12 PM »
 I for one don't think the change offers a substantial advantage over what we have now plus I doubt the moderators will want to police posts that are put in the wrong category.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 11:33:24 AM »
 my thought s are toward  items that make cars better to drive or fix  problem areas . general  things that  might help all years and not  div 1 correct .  we had this in saacforum 1   but it was lost .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 01:22:06 PM »
my thought s are toward  items that make cars better to drive or fix  problem areas . general  things that  might help all years and not  div 1 correct .  we had this in saac forum 1   but it was lost .
Those are commendable asperations which do not have anything blocking posting such help items in a given year category now. Keep in mind that some help items can be year specific so a  all year category may not fit all help items.  A moderator with some hands on knowledge (of course with help from forum members) would be needed to sift out , add to or post in proper place so as to warn which year it applies to and which it does not . That is not a small task and would need to be done promptly each time so as not to cause problems for forum members.. This situation may pose more problems then help. Just some of my thoughts. A effort to promote the proper labelling of the subject line would better help in search efforts for a given help item IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby