News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Special Paint car cheap

Started by Coralsnake, April 25, 2023, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I recently was sent a copy of an advertisement for 1968 8T02R206156 - 03391

The car is presented as a special orange GT500KR for sale by Riverside Sports Cars in Swisher Iowa.

The website and advertisements are FAKE!

3391 is an Acapulco Blue.  I know that car and all special paint cars.

Beware!!!

They did send me a digitally manipulated photo of the Shelby VIN tag. It is good, but not good enough
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

tesgt350

Aren't YOU the owner of the only SP Orange Shelby?

Coralsnake

Not at all. There are 15 non yellow cars. Several are orange, 3391 is not one of them

Coralsnake

The website was registered in Czechoslovakia

Coralsnake

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

bpmdu

I live near Swisher and can assure you there is NO classic car dealership - let alone one that would even remotely have that kind of inventory. Listed address is an old residential property. It's a very small rural town.

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 25, 2023, 11:47:13 AM
Digitally altered tag

Emails also appear to come from "Riversidesportscars"

This is a very elaborate scam

Dang, that tag is digitally altered?  I can't believe what can be done these days.  I'm afraid to ever look at another car that I might want to purchase.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Coralsnake

If you look very closely at the "6" and the "1" those numbers are copies. Dirt patterns and scratches on those numbers are identical.

I have been alerted to other postings by these same scammers. They use the same pictures and change the serial numbers.

I will post them soon and add the serial numbers they are using.

To all the cry babies that say its no big deal to post every hidden number, here is a good example why it should not be done

shelbymann1970

Shame on anyone not contacting a SAAC registrar or not owning any of the registries to verify a car before sending money for it. Spend a couple hundred bucks on a registry for a 200K car? Seems like a no brainer.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

tesgt350

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 26, 2023, 06:59:11 AM
If you look very closely at the "6" and the "1" those numbers are copies. Dirt patterns and scratches on those numbers are identical.

I have been alerted to other postings by these same scammers. They use the same pictures and change the serial numbers.

To all the cry babies that say its no big deal to post every hidden number, here is a good example why it should not be done

I thought you were going to say that the whole Tag was Photo Shopped into place since just about every Shelby being Sold on line, they include a photo of the Tag.  It would be much easier to resize the Tag and Photo Shop it in place where one should be or to cover up another Tag.

JD

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 26, 2023, 06:59:11 AM

+1
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Coralsnake

Here is another ad . Same scammers

This time they are pretending to be Ohio River Auto Sales.

And the serial number is now 8T02R206127

shelbymann1970

I had a guy just ask me about the orange car. Here is the response he got:  f we close the deal today, we can make $100.000,00, delivered to your door in enclosed trailer.

Also you get a 30 days money-back guarantee, either 500 miles to test the vehicle, after you received it !

Just let me know and let this amazing car be yours !

Have a nice day !

Thank You!
Sales Manager - Michael Smith
Phone : (319)-257-2319
Address: 122 Summit St, Swisher, IA 52338
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Coralsnake

It would be interesting to see who answers that number?