News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

daytona cobra model kit

Started by papa scoops, April 28, 2023, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papa scoops

gunze sagyo daytona model, getting ready to maybe build, as soon as i find it. what was the chassis number, quick history, what color is/ was it. just doing prelim history. thanks, scoops

roddster

Here you go: Ah, I can't read Japanese, or it this Chinese?
  Kit # G-512
   This is a well detailed curbside kit. (no engine/trans but there is the bottom detail for those) The hood bonnet is cast in, does not open.  Kit includes photo etched parts for detail addition. The parts are white (body), grey (interior), black (seats, interior parts, dash), brass tubes for the chassis, silvery/grey (suspension).
  Decals with the white stripes 4 sets of numbers 1,2,3 to make the various cars.
  The instruction do not state any particular Cobra chassis number, but, in the instruction the Arizona license plate number is "BGZ 032" is visible.  The photos are in that dark blue metallic, not the light Viking blue.

OK, where to find one? I found mine in 2009 on Ebay and paid $74.00.  So, like a lot of things look there.  But also a very good car builders website is Spotlighthobbies.  They buy estates of model cars and sell them.  Plus, like the SAAC forum, there is a hobbyist forum.

Sorry, mine is not for sale 'cause...I'm gonna build it some day.

98SVT - was 06GT

AZ license - I'd suspect they modeled it after one of Mike Shoen's Coupes - but not his 2299.

I wonder if it's detailed enough for Pete Brock to tell. I'm always amazed when he can spot a Coupe across a parking lot and tell you which one it is and the history. He knows the subtle details of each one of the hand made bodies.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

papa scoops

have the kit, just trying to find chassis number, and correct color. thanks.

NukeGT

1964 were Ford Viking Blue
1965 were Ford Guardsmen Blue
Wimbledon White Stripes different styles each year
Rear tail panel style also varies by race
Believe model comes with 1965 style stripes

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: NukeGT on May 12, 2023, 08:38:37 AM
1964 were Ford Viking Blue
1965 were Ford Guardsmen Blue
Unless:
Chassis #CSX2300
Campaigned by Ford of France painted in white with red and blue stripes for the 1965 Nurburgring 1000km where it would place third.
Chassis #CSX2602
Painted in the Red and White colors of Swiss Racing Team Scuderia Filipinetti at the Le Mans. Ford asked the team, who had made their name racing Ferraris, to buy a Shelby Coupe and race it as their entry for Le Mans as Ford has already entered the maximum number of cars.
There may have been other times they were repainted too.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350shelb

roof line looks like 2299 and exhaust straps/ but the replica cars built are modeled off 2299
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .