News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking for Photo Info...

Started by s2ms, May 08, 2023, 01:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Does anyone have info on this photo from Colin Comer's book "The Complete Book of Shelby Automobiles", page 132 IIRC?

I believe the guy might be Jack Khoury, Production Manager at SAI.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

JD

Did/does Colin have any info on it?

I was told the guy in this photo was Mr. Jack Khoury, maybe others can chime-in...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

s2ms

I emailed Colin but haven't heard back.

Same guy? Sure could be IMO, but if it is, he's older than in your photo with the 67's. What I wanted to know first was...is this a period SAI photo? Not likely if he looks that much older in Colin's photo.

Dave - 6S1757

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello,

I believe the gentleman in the photos with the '67s is production manager, Jim Benavedes.  I hope I have his last name spelled correctly.

Eric

Coralsnake

Is that a coupe on the right side?

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

s2ms

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on May 08, 2023, 11:15:44 PM
Hello,

I believe the gentleman in the photos with the '67s is production manager, Jim Benavedes.  I hope I have his last name spelled correctly.

Eric

Thanks Eric, makes more sense that they're different guys given the apparent age difference.

Would really like to find out the approx date this photo was taken, curious if there's any possibility the black GT350 could be 6S1757. The one detail I'm intrigued by is the 10-spokes, they almost look blacked out in the photo, my originals were blacked out, could also just be the shadow. Knowing the date and hopefully a higher resolution version could help answer that.
Dave - 6S1757

Side-Oilers

I have no knowledge of that particular photo, but if the wheels are indeed black, they would've probably been the stock steel wheels the cars were shipped on...not 10-spokes.   

The popular style of having blacked-out wheels didn't begin for 30+ years.  Except, on some race cars and moonshine runners...but not on the street.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

s2ms

Quote from: Side-Oilers on May 09, 2023, 03:24:25 PM
I have no knowledge of that particular photo, but if the wheels are indeed black, they would've probably been the stock steel wheels the cars were shipped on...not 10-spokes.   

The popular style of having blacked-out wheels didn't begin for 30+ years.  Except, on some race cars and moonshine runners...but not on the street.

Not quite sue what you're referring to but IMHO the wheels in the Comer book photo are clearly 10-spokes.

Although rare, it's well known that that a small number of 66 10-spokes were "blacked-out" on the insides, including my originals. Photo below is my original spare which is untouched, the other 4 originals were bead blasted and left natural many years ago.

Higher-res photo posted in another thread...
Dave - 6S1757

Side-Oilers

Ok, I understand what you meant now.  Disregard my above.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Szabo

Hey Dave,

i hope you will get an answer for the Pic and your seeking on your special car...

I can only say that both Pics 100% are time correct pics and no replika or newer date made.

The black GT350 wears an __ MFG 013 Plate on the Pic and the Cobra is also well known in other Pics,
the GT40 is not known for me...

Please let me know any new result of your search, even when i took more time

Greets from Germany

Stephan

s2ms

Thanks Stephan for all the help with this!
Dave - 6S1757

Bob Gaines

Quote from: s2ms on May 09, 2023, 05:15:21 PM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on May 09, 2023, 03:24:25 PM

Not quite sue what you're referring to but IMHO the wheels in the Comer book photo are clearly 10-spokes.

Although rare, it's well known that that a small number of 66 10-spokes were "blacked-out" on the insides, including my originals. Photo below is my original spare which is untouched, the other 4 originals were bead blasted and left natural many years ago.

Higher-res photo posted in another thread...
Interesting to note is that the tenspoke wheels Shelby had made up for the Beverly hills continuation 66 GT350 convertibles had the blackout on those wheels . Apparently that was the go to look . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 11, 2023, 03:24:05 PMInteresting to note is that the tenspoke wheels Shelby had made up for the Beverly hills continuation 66 GT350 convertibles had the blackout on those wheels . Apparently that was the go to look .

CS gave me a set of those (seconds - the back side didn't clean up completely in the machining process) for 843. They were painted (powder coated?) and then finish machined leaving the raised aluminum spokes bare. Richard probably still has them and can maybe dig them out for a photo???

- - - - - -

Eric

Is this who Ford sent to try and get the production line running better?

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 11, 2023, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 11, 2023, 03:24:05 PMInteresting to note is that the tenspoke wheels Shelby had made up for the Beverly hills continuation 66 GT350 convertibles had the blackout on those wheels . Apparently that was the go to look .

CS gave me a set of those (seconds - the back side didn't clean up completely in the machining process) for 843. They were painted (powder coated?) and then finish machined leaving the raised aluminum spokes bare. Richard probably still has them and can maybe dig them out for a photo???

- - - - - -

Eric

Is this who Ford sent to try and get the production line running better?

Hello,

I do not know anything about Jim Benavedes background.  You do not see his name mentioned very often when reading about SAI.  Fred Goodell was sent out to SAI by Ford to try and get the production line running better.

Eric