News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Wanted: 428CJ Water Pump Pulley, 3 Groove, Non AC Application (1968 Shelby)

Started by Craner, May 22, 2023, 08:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craner

Wanted: Looking for a no pits pulley to replace my original.
Any leads are appreciated.
I have been able to locate pulleys, the challenge is to find one that's a decent core.
I can provide dimensions if you think you have one, but are unsure about the pulley diameters.
Thank you
Fran

Scode67FB

Hey Fran,
You bought the crank pulley and some other brackets from me. I thought you already had a good water pump pulley? If you still need it, let me know. I have a couple with "C6" partial ink stamps and a couple others with "C8" partial ink stamps. If you have the dimensions, I can check what I have to make sure it's correct.

Coralsnake

The water pump pulley should be three sheaves the outer one being the smallest

The diameter is described as 6  1/8

There is a larger version but it wasnt used on 1968s

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on May 24, 2023, 09:53:10 AM
c8oe ink stamped in yellow
Unfortunately the yellow ink stamp used by the MFG does not survive long to aid in identification.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Craner

I added a few photos of my rusty alternator pulley to help ID the correct pulley.
Included measurements.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Craner on May 24, 2023, 03:08:00 PM
I added a few photos of my rusty alternator pulley to help ID the correct pulley.
Included measurements.
You most likely meant waterpump pulley. The MFG takes two pulleys and welds them together making the 3 groove with different size grooves . Those type pulley carried a ink stamp identification instead of the metal stamped ID seen on others.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

If you look between the sheaves you can see the original part number of the pulley before it was modified

Craner

Yes, here's a photo that I captured of that stamping. It's a little difficult to see, but using a decent light it's there.  Also the rectangular Fomoco stamping about 90 degrees from the part number stamping.