Author Topic: WTB 67 Shelby nose  (Read 1303 times)

stangthang

• View Profile
WTB 67 Shelby nose
« on: May 23, 2023, 05:03:43 PM »
Looking for a original 67 shelby nose piece . Anybody got any leads PM me on here. Thanks Jack 

TLea

• View Profile
Re: WTB 67 Shelby nose
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 07:49:46 PM »
Which version

stangthang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 04:19:37 AM »
1 piece version

68cobra427

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 12:23:09 PM »
Try Dan Michaels 1-732-995-9218 NJ, he has one. And other oem/nos parts.

Troy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 01:38:02 PM »
1 piece version
There are at least 3 one piece versions all used in different time periods during production.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

stangthang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 03:29:38 PM »
My car Is fairly early # 1133 the original nose has been replaced looked like a tree or a road sign got it. the current nose piece does not fit very well looks aftermarket.

stangthang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 03:44:31 PM »
With this build date 2/09/ 67 which nose piece would you think this car had ? 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 04:20:36 PM »
I would suggest the conventual one piece nose without the built in headlight buckets and with fiberglass mat. The change over to the chop gun style mat was right around that time so a argument could be made for ether IMO. Fortunately those two types are the easiest to find and repair. Check with Branda and see if Cobra Fiberglass is still making one. It fit the best and could be modified to look like the assemblyline . FYI Most any complete one you will find will need substantial rework to repair and get to fit your car. To much to type to explain on repro modification procedure but if you get one of those repro you can call me for a more detailed explanation. Regardless of what you get it will need rework.  Even NOS ones I have seen required major work. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 04:38:43 PM »

2/09/67 is the San Jose (Ford) build date, the Shelby completion date (which is who installed the nose/all fiberglass exterior parts) is 4/12/67.

I would suggest the conventual one piece nose without the built in headlight buckets and with fiberglass mat. The change over to the chop gun style mat was right around that time so a argument could be made for ether IMO. Fortunately those two types are the easiest to find and repair. Check with Branda and see if Cobra Fiberglass is still making one. It fit the best and could be modified to look like the assemblyline . FYI Most any complete one you will find will need substantial rework to repair and get to fit your car. To much to type to explain on repro modification procedure but if you get one of those repro you can call me for a more detailed explanation. Regardless of what you get it will need rework.  Even NOS ones I have seen required major work. 
[/quote]

What Bob said above is too true. 

You may want to consider re-repairing your original ;-)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:44:12 PM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

68cobra427

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 12:08:09 PM »
If it did hit a tree and bent the bumper brackets I have all 4 nos.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 01:17:45 PM »
If it did hit a tree and bent the bumper brackets I have all 4 nos.
The ones you have for sale in the for sale section will work on a 67 but not like SA assemblyline. The ones you have for sale are 68 style. The inner brackets are the same however the outer bumper brackets are made different for 67 Shelby.

SFM5S159

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 09:53:20 AM »
I have an original one piece nose that may work for you.
It will require repair.  It’s not terrible, but has needs.

I sent a PM

Mike C
'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra