News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Nos 67 GT500 dash/grill emblem (No longer for sale)

Started by 68cobra427, May 24, 2023, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68cobra427

Going to return.

Bob Gaines

Maybe unflattering lighting but something is wrong about the background color of the snake emblem . The assemblyline versions were more gold .That one looks more yellow like the repros.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68cobra427

It is gold color and the studs are flat at the tip not rounded like the repo. It is also heavy metal.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68cobra427 on May 24, 2023, 01:23:47 PM
It is gold color and the studs are flat at the tip not rounded like the repo. It is also heavy metal.
Then it is a repro for sure. The genuine and Ford service had the holder made of plastic that was chrome metaliized. There is a certain unscrupulous ebay fraud that many know from discussions here that would sell a part then fill the authentic box with a used or reproduction. Many uninformed enthusiasts would use the box as a yard stick to judge authenticity. You were apparently duped because I strongly believe you would not knowingly be a part of a scam on purpose. I was afraid of this when I saw the emblem and also noticed the magic marker on the box which was also one of his trademarks.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68cobra427

68cobra427

Item being returned. I expressed all that was said here to him. He will refund.

If any issues with others on this site of similar situation. I have the persons phone/ mail info.

His first name is Logan in KS.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68cobra427 on May 24, 2023, 03:10:28 PM
Item being returned. I expressed all that was said here to him. He will refund.

If any issues with others on this site of similar situation. I have the persons phone/ mail info.

His first name is Logan in KS.
Knowingly or unknowingly passing on the hot potato . The person with the repro in the genuine box MO that I was reminded of lives in Burnsville, North Carolina .

TA Coupe

Now being offered for sell on the BOSS302 forum for $550

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

68cobra427

Roy I just change the posting on the boss forum.

jswoody

This post is a great example of why this forum is so important and useful.  There are many vultures trying to separate the new and or motivated enthusiasts from our cash. I was taken early in my restoration excitement, however thanks to many great and supportive members of SAAC have learned so much from this resource.  Thank you again to all. :)

68cobra427

Agree! and I was refunded my funds by the seller.