News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S281 actually moved today!

Started by Karguy, May 27, 2023, 05:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karguy

After owning 6S281 from 1974 until 1983, I was fortunate enough to buy it again in 2017. It has not run since the late 80s. It had been closed up in a very small storage garage in at my house since it came home to Albuquerque, but today all that changed. I have managed to amass an amazing collection of correct and NOS parts over the last 6 years. Many of the parts, and certainly lots of information a result of the help and generosity from this group, thank you. It is now in the new garage and it is time to begin the restoration! I'm sure I'll be reaching out to the group with millions of  questions over the next couple of years, thanks in advance
Karl
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

SHELB66

Nice to see it resurface.  Now the fun begins!  Being able to take that first drive is inspiration enough!  Keep us posted on your progress and/or questions.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

greekz

Best of luck on your project.  I know it will be both frustrating and joyful at times.  The end result makes it all worth the effort.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

GT350Lad

Karl, awesome news. I am also breathing fire into 2 Shelby projects
Great journeys
6S373
6S1276

deathsled

It's great you had the chance to reunite with an old flame. Exciting times await!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

chris NOS

Karguy

6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Chad

Good luck! May the force be with you!