News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

To what lengths would you go to protect your prize car?

Started by deathsled, May 28, 2023, 12:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

What would you do or sacrifice in a crisis situation financial or confrontational to save your car?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

crossboss

I'd let MR. Smith & Wesson come to play. If need be MR. Colt will join in...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Quote from: crossboss on May 28, 2023, 05:31:18 PM
That's the spirit!

pbf777

Quote from: deathsled on May 28, 2023, 06:01:11 PM
That's the spirit!

I certainly don't disagree with the sentiment here but do just consider the ramifications if such was actually acted out, particularly spiritedly!   :-\

Just six months ago my truck was stolen from in front of our shop; I here the engine start, recognized the sound as being of my truck and said "what the hell", ran out the door in time to witness the hoodlum driving off!  :o  Unfortunately, I didn't have my gun on me  :( , as I probably would have stopped him (and for good maybe!  ;)), and felt completely righteous in the act.  But, as the adrenaline subsided I realized, and as I was later advised by Law-Enforcement, that if I had discharged a gun at, or into an occupied motor vehicle, that I would be the one going to jail!   :o

Oh, and I got my truck back, collected it as the thief was asleep in a motel room, with the Police standing by with photographs, fingerprints, other evidence, and even the name of the "Perp", who has a "record" of such practices, and they have done nothing!    :(

But, otherwise if the events had played out differently they'd have me!    :o

Scott.

deathsled

Quote from: pbf777 on May 30, 2023, 12:03:24 PM
That's the spirit!

I certainly don't disagree with the sentiment here but do just consider the ramifications if such was actually acted out, particularly spiritedly!   :-\

Just six months ago my truck was stolen from in front of our shop; I here the engine start, recognized the sound as being of my truck and said "what the hell", ran out the door in time to witness the hoodlum driving off!  :o  Unfortunately, I didn't have my gun on me  :( , as I probably would have stopped him (and for good maybe!  ;)), and felt completely righteous in the act.  But, as the adrenaline subsided I realized, and as I was later advised by Law-Enforcement, that if I had discharged a gun at, or into an occupied motor vehicle, that I would be the one going to jail!   :o

Oh, and I got my truck back, collected it as the thief was asleep in a motel room, with the Police standing by with photographs, fingerprints, other evidence, and even the name of the "Perp", who has a "record" of such practices, and they have done nothing!    :(

Scott.
Quite correct.  Excessive use of force to protect property is illegal in most, if not all states.  However, knocking the stuffing out of them or nailing them with a taser or pepper spray would be a well deserved response.

67 GT350

Quote from: pbf777 on May 30, 2023, 12:03:24 PM
That's the spirit!

Scott.

How true! Unless the person is coming at you swinging, as they say in New YAUNK, "forgetabouit"
RARE  Signature Delete

pbf777

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 30, 2023, 01:41:21 PM
Unless the person is coming at you swinging, as they say in New YAUNK, "forgetabouit"

Well even here in the often termed "Wild West" of Florida, even if the Perp. is on top of you, pounding the back of your head into the sidewalk, your still not going to be home-free; just ask Mr. Zimmerman!   ;)

Scott.

deathsled

Quote from: vtgt500 on May 31, 2023, 01:13:51 PM
RE:  To what lengths would you go to protect your prize car?

I competed favorably in action pistol shoots for several years.
Are you familiar with the purpose of a drop gun?
Had to look it up. I get it. Dead men don't testify.

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on May 31, 2023, 01:33:58 PM
RE:  To what lengths would you go to protect your prize car?

I competed favorably in action pistol shoots for several years.

An older quote: "Dead men tell no tales"
I have zero tolerance for criminals. Auto theft should be a capital offence. Heck, in the old west horse thieves were hung.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

pbf777

I'm guessing you were kidding on the "look it up" part, but the last part was always stated by my Grandmother as: "Dead men tell no tales"; "so if your gonna shoot 'em, be sure to shoot 'em good"!   ::)

Scott.

Oops, 'crossboss' beat me to it while I was typing!

FL SAAC

You know we like them, we love them, we take care of them

But they are just "things" they are not family, they are not friends, they are not your children

When  sh*t happens let the insurance work for you
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

To all the tough guy "Dirty Harry Types" you will forever change your life for the very worst and you will be consoled in jail by your new boyfriend everyday

Look at me one day "Dirty Harry" next day someones girlfriend and they call me "Dirty Harriet"

Good luck
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: pbf777 on May 31, 2023, 02:16:42 PM

I'm guessing you were kidding on the "look it up" part, but the last part was always stated by my Grandmother as: "Dead men tell no tales"; "so if your gonna shoot 'em, be sure to shoot 'em good"!   ::)

Scott.

Oops, 'crossboss' beat me to it while I was typing!
No, in all seriousness I had to look it up. I was not familiar with the terminology.  I do not fear admitting what I do not know. That is how I learn. But perhaps I should not have admitted it. I could have looked it up and remained silent on the issue. I like guns and have shot them here in the US but was never allowed the privilege growing up in Canada

pbf777

Another label for these is a "throw-down" piece.   ;)

Scott.