News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

CARS HELD HOSTAGE {2.0}

Started by DC-DD, July 05, 2018, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Greg on July 06, 2018, 08:29:49 AMThe club belongs to the dues paying members not 3-4 individuals.  Should we not vote on officers and committee members? 
The "club" is just like Sears, Costco or Walart. It is owned by a private group of "stockholders". You buy their service (magazine & good will for CS cars) with your dues. The "membership" does not entitle you to a vote in the operation any more than buying a set of tires from GoodYear let's you vote on what they do with your money. The "club" from what I understand does not own or run this web site. This club has worked well following that formula since 1975. The hicup when CS sued to try and control the club, registry and money caused a change in the board. I've seen too many car clubs and other associations ruined and killed by Home Owner Association types who keep changing by-laws and rules to create their own little empires - I certainly wouldn't like to see SAAC among them.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

Our club IS NOT like a brick and mortar business such as Sears Costco etc. There are major differences between them but one similarity we can draw from is both seemingly worked good until they no longer were what people wanted. So after approx. 130 years Sears is no more what our club was seemingly is not what it once was. Sears,JJ Newburys,Robinsons, May Co Motorola are all gone by the way of the Dinosaur's. Why....? Because they did not keep up with a changing world, they didn't keep it fresh and listen to what its customers wanted. Sound familiar? You can draw similarities to your favorite restaurants,Kinney shoes, Foot Locker, I could go on and on. I shopped at all of them had friends that were in MGMT in most of those places. The powers to be back in the day were like the DODO birds they were oblivious to what the customers wants and needs were. They said we have been around forever we are not going anywhere... They were wrong! :'( So to with our club if we don't pay immediate attention it will continue down that slippery slope we are on until there are no members to boast about these cars we love so much.Remember the tv evangelicals Tammy Faye and Jim BAKER They cried and said send your money to us for the LORD. There is a lesson to be learned there as well.

Well we've gone from several magazines a year to 1 large 1....No more dash plaque,etc.,so I guess it's run like most businesses=profit....Least we still get a sticker...

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bigfoot on July 23, 2018, 09:16:19 PM
GTO graveyard

stop you are scaring me, wont be able to sleep tonight...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tesgt350

Here is a few................

KR Convertible

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bigfoot

I think it's this week for shark week.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bigfoot on July 24, 2018, 11:33:12 AM
I think it's this week for shark week.

by the looks of all these pics its GOAT this week....

I have all UNGOLD cars