News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67200F50008 on BAT

Started by 5s386, June 02, 2023, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acapulco350

that is in the neighborhood of FL SAAC

maybe he can swing by and check it out for someone if required

8)

capecodmustang.com

I'm under the impression that a couple SAAC members owned # 8 at one time...

Would it have the original drive train?

If you know please reach out...

Thank you!

bret@capecodmustang.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on June 02, 2023, 03:25:30 PM

Thank you!

bret@capecodmustang.com
It did when I owned it but that was 30 some years ago. I have one dealer friend that bought it from the owner I sold it to and then sold it and took it back on trade at least twice.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 02, 2023, 03:29:16 PM

Thank you!

bret@capecodmustang.com
It did when I owned it but that was 30 some years ago. I have one dealer friend that bought it from the owner I sold it to and then sold it and took it back on trade at least twice.

Kelly?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on June 02, 2023, 03:35:49 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 02, 2023, 03:29:16 PM

Thank you!

bret@capecodmustang.com

Kelly?
yep
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

capecodmustang.com

Thank you Bob...

I'm just a sucker for early 67's....

5s386

I would personally inspect the driveline to confirm matching #'s if that is important for someone.

George Schalk

Question for Bob G. or any of the previous owners remember if #0008 had any sheetmetal replaced, mainly inner fender aprons?  Wondering if all SJ vins are still present on the inner aprons?

Any old pre-restoration pics floating around?

Thanks,
George schalk

Bob Gaines

Quote from: George Schalk on June 03, 2023, 11:43:25 AM
Question for Bob G. or any of the previous owners remember if #0008 had any sheetmetal replaced, mainly inner fender aprons?  Wondering if all SJ vins are still present on the inner aprons?

Any old pre-restoration pics floating around?

Thanks,
George schalk
George,when I had it the car it had evidence of being hit in all four corners like wrinkled aprons and rear quarters however it was original sheet metal that had ether been poorly straightened  or bondoed  over. I bought the car specifically for the gray early amp gauge terminal block and for the early removable roll bar cover to replace the missing ones on the restoration of 0001.  I see that the terminal block has been replaced.I replaced the roll bar with one from a later double digit car (#?) which is the same bar just with a dip produced padded covering and a later black terminal block . I did not need anything else.With the those parts procured I sold the running driving but unrestored car without doing any other repairs. The next owner Ben Bernett (great guy) had the car restored. I was not privy to how they accomplished that . I helped him with answering questions by phone.

Bob Gaines

The Ford vins and Shelby stamped passenger side vin all appeared to be in place when I had it .

George Schalk

Thanks for your input Bob.  How many early 67's do you think had the removable roll bar cover?

capecodmustang.com

George:
I have #11 and #17...
Both do not have the removable cover...

I've had #14 and #16.

I think #16 did....

Bret

Bob Gaines

Quote from: George Schalk on June 03, 2023, 12:53:25 PM
Thanks for your input Bob.  How many early 67's do you think had the removable roll bar cover?
George my guess is most likely they were ones in the first DSO group of cars built. It couldn't have been many. Maybe Dave Mathews has something in the DSO paperwork.  To add to the confusion is the fact that I know of other cars that had the covers lost or otherwise taken off and a later dipped roll bar was substituted just like I did with 0008. Those early cars with replaced dipped bars will skew the results of a survey . Owners can be VERY sensitive when it comes to details about their car. There are always going to be those that will insist that since their car had a dipped bar from the factory because it has always been that way and that that it must be original even though it has been replaced. Some certainly maybe original others certainly were not. At least as it relates to that early cluster of cars first built.

roddster

Attempting to nail down the detail on the removeable/non-removeable roll bar cover: 
Would the removeable one have the seam on the backside of the uprights?  #0036's does have that.