News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford Model T plant to be demolished

Started by deathsled, June 15, 2023, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

tesgt350

I like how the company is aiming to lure a U.S.-based shipyard owner to the area with a goal of adding around 300 jobs.  They need to hook up with a Port Owner in California.  With the way their Gov. is running things, banning Deisel Trucks from their Highways soon, the East Coast needs to start building more Ports to take over the Import Business.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 15, 2023, 11:55:54 AM
I like how the company is aiming to lure a U.S.-based shipyard owner to the area with a goal of adding around 300 jobs.  They need to hook up with a Port Owner in California.  With the way their Gov. is running things, banning Deisel Trucks from their Highways soon, the East Coast needs to start building more Ports to take over the Import Business.
A lot is already going to Mexico and getting a train ride from there into the US. During Covid the was a big backlog of ships in and outside the harbor waiting to be unloaded. They found Mexico easier and cheaper.
They also banned ships idling while at the pier.

Port Invests $180 Million; 25 Berths Equipped with Shore-Side Electric Power
SAN PEDRO, Calif. — January 08, 2014 - With more berths for ships to plug into shore-side electric power, or Alternative Maritime Power™ (AMP™), than any other port in the world, the Port of Los Angeles is fully ready for its terminal operators and ocean carriers to meet California's new clean air requirements.

"The Port developed and invested heavily in AMP™ ahead of the regulations to bring the tremendous environmental benefits of shore-side power to our region," said Gary Lee Moore, Interim Executive Director of the Port of Los Angeles. "A great deal of credit goes to our industry and regulatory partners for working closely with us over the past decade to put us into the position we are today in terms of our shore-side power deployment capacities."

Effective January 1, 2014, a new California regulation has set shore-side power plug in requirements for container and refrigerated ship fleets, as well as cruise ships. Under the regulation, at least fifty percent of fleet vessel calls must shut down their auxiliary engines and run their vital onboard systems by plugging into shore-side power. The regulation also requires that each fleet reduce its total at-berth emissions generation by at least fifty percent. These requirements will reach eighty percent by 2020.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

98SVT - was 06GT

The Long Beach CA 1930-1950? assembly plant was demolished years ago - port expansion too. The original downtown LA plant is still there 1912-29 - it's the home of Warner Records and other companies now. The Long Beach plant was replaced by the Pico Rivera plant and when Ford moved out it was bought by Northrop to build the B2 Bomber. Demolished now it's a mall.
Today - https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0346321,-118.2308164,3a,75y,154.59h,97.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sS5scH94YH3jPNOmjAjlFCA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?authuser=0&entry=ttu

Then & Now of early plants: http://www.plucks329s.org/pdf/assyplants/FordsWayWhatTheyRNow.pdf
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert