News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Classic car batteries

Started by Rex, June 03, 2023, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Where can one get a Classic car battery these days? My glass mat one just died.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

rcgt350

I'm on Year 18 with my Autolite group 24 from Antique Auto Battery

BDT 739

Quote from: rcgt350
I'm on Year 18 with my Autolite group 24 from Antique Auto Battery

18 years that's awesome. When I first got my car back on the road 30 some years ago I bought an Autolite repo that did not last long. Recently using flat top batteries from auto stores with Autolite top and most do not last more than 7 years with Battery Tender float charger.

Bob Gaines

18 years a incredible amount of time for a regular modern OEM type battery to last let alone a reproduction battery which apparently aren't held to as high of standards given the typical life span of most . Lucky you.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

@BDT739 do you have a charger hooked up when the car sits?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

BDT 739

Quote from: Kent on June 06, 2023, 01:48:42 AM
@BDT739 do you have a charger hooked up when the car sits?

Yes. Battery Tender float charger.

FL SAAC

18 years, amazing results  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

rcgt350

I'm pretty amazed myself, I bought it in 05' but never got the car on the road until 2008 , I've put about 1K miles on since then
This is the maintainer I've always used, not steady by any means, I just hook it up sometimes when I'm in the garage working, I'm assuming it's an AGM, the caps are just for looks, it's a very sealed battery