News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Just fired Up K code

Started by 6s1461, June 13, 2023, 11:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1461

We fired up the hipo  coupe, however we had to hot wire it.
There is no power at the dash, no instruments, no courtesy lights.
Checked the voltage at fuse box nothing.
All the harnesses are new repoductions.
Where do I go from there?
Thanks

SFM6S

I had a similar issue on a 1966 convertible.
Make sure that the plug in connectors at the firewall are completely engaged. if you connected them without any dielectric grease they may not be fully seated.
Joe

6s1461

Ok will check that this afternoon.
The friend that helped fire up the car said , has had the repo hardness w the wires at the plug be in the wrong position. Has any body seen that also

Bob Gaines

I have second hand knowledge. I have read about a dozen or so incidents that are not year specific over the last couple of years. That would have to be very frustrating with the time spent to determine that is the cause. I typically clean up and rewrap original harness rather then use repro but that is just me.  I have not ever experienced or even heard of a legitimate pin reverse problem on a original harness. I typically check out of a abundance of caution the plugs on both ends for continuity . A wiring schematic to know what goes where is essential.  If a harness is suspect of pin reversal that is what will have to be done to confirm or rule out. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1461

I just unplugged the headlight harness at the fire wall.
I figured the black/yellow wire is the main feed for power from looking at my diagrams.
Tested with a volt meter, no power at the firewall plug on the black/yellow wire or any other wires for that matter.

6s1461

Just hooked up the original headlight harness to the battery side of the starter solenoid , then grounded the three eyelets . I got a small voltage reading  at the firewall plug. What do you guys think?

6s1461

Put  ohm meter to new to new harness and there is no continuity. Also did the same check on the old harness and they are good.

Don Johnston

Where did you purchase the harness?  There are lot of garbage import ones with incorrect wires, connectors, faulty connectors and such that make them useless.  I would first check if you have the correct made in US  harness from a qualified vendor. 8)

SFM6S

Coralsnake is your friend when it comes to quality wiring harnesses.

427gt

check to make sure the wires at the starter solenoid are on the battery cable side and not the starter side.
67 gt 500 #1947 the drag unit. 70 gt 500 second owner.